February 2017 SMF Soap Challenge- Ebru Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone your Ebru soaps are all beautiful. I didn't enter as its a little beyond my skill level, having never done it. So Im so envious of all of you. I might try to make one when I have time just to see how it goes. But all of you did a great job!

Everyone your Ebru soaps are all beautiful. I didn't enter as its a little beyond my skill level, having never done it. So Im so envious of all of you. I might try to make one when I have time just to see how it goes. But all of you did a great job!

I had never done anything like it before either - but the video tutorials that were included in the initial posting were EXTREMELY helpful. The DNA swirl, while looking super complicated, was actually one of the easiest swirls I've tried so far! :) Even though the competition is over, I would definitely suggest giving the video a watch and then giving it a try. :)

I had never done anything like it before either - but the video tutorials that were included in the initial posting were EXTREMELY helpful. The DNA swirl, while looking super complicated, was actually one of the easiest swirls I've tried so far! :) Even though the competition is over, I would definitely suggest giving the video a watch and then giving it a try. :)

I agree, the DNA swirl was surprisingly easy. It was my first time trying any kind of swirl at all and I was pleasantly surprised.

I threw this together the other weekend, inspired by several of the entries. The color pallet was for Mardi Gras, since this was my first year living in Louisiana. I've discovered I really dislike challenges, so don't want to enter but I liked how this turned out. I scented it with WSP's coconut lime verbena. I cut it into 12 1.5" x 3" bars and will pass it out to ladies at work once it is cured.

https://goo.gl/photos/Y5N354uiNLakKuAc6

I'D LIKE TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

12 out of 13 who signed up already voted! If you haven't voted yet, please take a second to do so. The link is in the submission thread.

Once the final person votes, I will announce the winners.

Thank you all again for your participation in this challenge!

I'm SO sorry LP! I was the tardy one. :oops: Life got in my way and I wasn't able to get an ebru soap made but boy did everyone do some beautiful work! You guys really made voting difficult but since I finally got it done, let's hear who the winners are!

Life gets in everyone's way, including mine lol! I am here with the winners, sorry for the delay!

1st Newbie
2nd leilaninoel
3rd HowieRoll

Thank you all who signed up, participated, and who even lurked and may have learned something. This is for all who want to try OR learn. Participation isn't required, though it is appreciated, of course. Thank you to all!

Life gets in everyone's way, including mine lol! I am here with the winners, sorry for the delay!

1st Newbie
2nd leilaninoel
3rd HowieRoll

Thank you all who signed up, participated, and who even lurked and may have learned something. This is for all who want to try OR learn. Participation isn't required, though it is appreciated, of course. Thank you to all!

Congratulations Newbie, leilaninoel and Howieroll on you stunning soaps. Congratulations to all who submitted an entry and to all those who made soap but it didn't come up to their highly (too highly set?) standards.

You've produced some beautiful soaps while I've been sitting on the couch procrastinating!

Congratulations guys!!! Love all the soaps!! And a great challenge... like PJ said, I am one of those with too highly set standards, considering this is my 2 nd soap and 1st ever with color, I should have entered it.. well, lesson learnt and will not be repeated ;) but hey, I made an ebru soap!!!

Congrats to newbie and leilaninoel, both such beautiful soaps! And thank you to everyone, especially lionprincess, for all of the soap eye candy and hosting duties!!

Thank you! And congrats to Howie and Leilaninoel, as well! Everyone had beautiful soaps to share.

Thank you, LP. That was probably my favorite challenge so far. So much to do and learn.

Latest posts

Back