Weight of oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapman Ryan

Reaction score
I'm doing comparison shopping. Could someone tell me how may ounces are in 1 pound of soybean oil? Is there a reference chart I could review for other oils? Thanks

Thanks, for letting me know, 1 US gallon of soybean oil weighs 7.6776 lbs. I figured it out. Here's the equation.

128 ounces in a gallon
16oz. in a pound
16 x 7.6776 = 122.8416
128/122.8416 = 1.04 ounces per pound of oil

I did not understand your initial question was regarding volume. I am glad you got your answer, but I am just curious why you are asking? In soaping it is important to always measure things by weight so I was wondering why the fluid volume matters?

I did not understand your initial question was regarding volume. I am glad you got your answer, but I am just curious why you are asking? In soaping it is important to always measure things by weight so I was wondering why the fluid volume matters?

Fluid ounces matters because stores like Wal-mart sell oils in fluid ounces and internet sights sell in pounds. For price comparison, I needed to know how many ounces I was getting for the internet price to compare them to Wal-mart prices.

Latest posts

Back