What recipe should I use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLunaB

Reaction score
I pretty much decided that I'm going to take the cheap and easy way out and make soap as Christmas presents for my coworkers and family. I have a truffle idea but my biggest problem is I don't have enough experience with recipes yet to know what ingredients produce "luxurious" bars. Everyone pretty much like like my first bar of soap but I want to give them a good creamy soap that they can share with anyone, so no tallow. I was thinking a Shea, OO, Goat or coconut milk combo but once again I don't even know where to start. I just started playing with water percentage(I'm going to make a new batch in a few days) and I know I have to get these started by the end of the month to at least get a good cure. So please help!

Then your oo and other liquid oils needs to be on the lower side rather than higher, or the cure time will just be too high.

You mentioned making it for the friends and coworkers, but then about them sharing it. I would just concentrate on them and not what they might use it for, so if none are vegan then go with tallow. If palm isn't an issue, it's also an idea

Then your oo and other liquid oils needs to be on the lower side rather than higher, or the cure time will just be too high.

You mentioned making it for the friends and coworkers, but then about them sharing it. I would just concentrate on them and not what they might use it for, so if none are vegan then go with tallow. If palm isn't an issue, it's also an idea

I have very simple coworkers, to put it nicely, I said there was tallow in my soap (had to explain what it was) and a few got weirded out. I think if I can say palm free and no animal fats they I won't have to inwardly roll my eyes when I see people cringe when I explain what's in the soap.
The goats milk was a thought because my old boss was so happy to find a soap that works on her granddaughter's skin and it had goats milk in it and she really likes the feel of it.
I have this weird habit of taking bits and pieces of information from several places and cramming them into one spot to make a solution XD

Last edited:
Back