Where do you get your olive oil from?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony0327

Reaction score
Hello,

So I tried finding some info on this from past threads but I can't seem to find anything on it. I am currently using pure olive oil from brambleberry. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other websites that offer pure olive oil like that. Should I use pomace since it is cheaper? I like using pure olive oil since it won't discolor but I am having a hard time finding it from any other websites and brambleberry cant get costly when it comes to shipping and their prices. Is it worth using pomace olive oil rather than paying more for pure olive oil?

Thanks,

Anthony

I saw 100% Pure Olive oil at one of my local grocery stores yesterday it was 2.49$ for a medium sized bottle.

I get mine at Costco too. But regular grocery store olive oil will do as long as it is 100%. Don't spend extra for virgin- the light is fine for soap making. Pomace will trace faster than plain old regular OO.

I don't have a Costco (sadface) so I was buying the pure GV olive oil from Walmart. I recently made a big order at Soaper's Choice, so I threw in 7lbs of Pomace OO. At $2.20 per pound it's a pretty good deal.

I also use Soapers Choice. The price cannot be beat even with shipping costs. Since the organic olive oil is only a few dollars more per 35lb. box, I order it. I get almost all of my soaping oils from this vendor.

I get mine from Smart and Final or Costco. They always seem to have good prices, in the size that I use.

Also adding in Walmart - the gallon of extra virgin is the cheapest on the shelf.

I've used olive oil from various stores near me and have had any issue, even a dusty dollar store bottle worked fine (from what I remember). While you're still figuring out best prices in the long run, most grocery store oils work as expected so you can still keep soaping

I just checked out Soaper's Choice... I have no freaking idea that there was so many different Oils out there that you could use in soap. Like, Good Golly!

Back