So. Many. Scents.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
I got my most recent order of essential oils in today. These are mostly for making perfumes, though some of them will wind up in soaps.

Pink lotus absolute is exquisite. It's kind of slow to get going, took a few minutes for me to smell much of anything off the fragrance strip. But now it's throwing out tendrils of fragrance that smell just beautiful. If the fragrance still comes through in as low a concentration as the vendor says, it may well make its way into some soap fragrances. 1/8 ounce will go a fair way if I only need 3 or 4 drops at a time.

I got a sample of rose de mai, which is taken from the cabbage rose. It's got an interesting smell to it. Very green, kind of grassy, with a deep rose note that I want to call Victorian. Slightly dusty rose. I think it would go great with some other rose absolutes for a rose garden blend, or with other florals, but not so much by itself.

Rose geranium I hate OOB. The initial dominant scent smells to me like lightly macerated fresh cabbage leaves that have just had boiling water poured over them. Thankfully, it dissipates some and mellows a lot in just a few minutes, to a nice deep green note that helps the rose tones stand out. I used it in a recent soap (plus other EOs), and the soap smells fantastic. I just hope it sticks.

Latest posts

Back