A Cream Soap Tutorial

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my ~~I did not even see this thread until today! Wow Lindy, thank you so much for sharing another amazing tutorial! I am still loving and enjoying my goatmilk lotion! You must have spent a lot of time taking pictures, writing the post and uploading them all! Thank you for your time to do everything for us! I've never made cream soap before, but I must try it now. I am so excited and I cannot wait to get all of my ingredients. Thank you, with a big hug :)!

Seven - Yes you can add more water and whip again, but be very careful with how much water. Cream Soap is best left as long as possible. 6 months is not unreasonable - I have some that is 3 years old and it is amazing and such a pretty pearly colour. (I kept some to watch as it ages to see what it's like).

Ellacho - thank you, I enjoyed making the tutorial.

Wow ~ Lindy, you're amazing! Great tutorial. It's very easy to follow and understand your steps. I've made many batches of HP LS but no cream soap yet so it's going on my to-do list. That darn list just keeps getting longer, lol. Thank you so much for sharing and doing such a great job teaching!

Wow, not sure how I missed this thread but I can't wait to try it. My list is getting longer and longer! Thanks so much Lindy for posting this. You really are the most wonderful people on this forum for sharing so freely and its really appreciated.

I don't know how I missed this thread either but I will definitely try this soon. I do have to ask, why steric as the super cream? Could I sub something like coco butter or shea? I'm not so great with numbers, what is the ratio of NaOH to KoH? I will most likely replace the almond oil with avocado.

You are welcome. Cream soap becomes very addicting.... the only drawback is the cure (rot) time.

Thanks for the great tutorial Lindy :) I'm going to whipping this one up this week :D

I do have a question though about the rot time. I know there's probably a very good reason for such a long cure/rot, but why is this so different from bar soap and liquid soap?

We're using mostly KOH, and liquid soap using KOH doesn't need the long resting/curing period that NaOH soaps need. Same with the shave soaps that are a combo of the 2, they don't seem to need such a long cure time. Obviously everything is better with a long cure time, but all I've read on cream soap is that it's a MUST - minimum 8 weeks, and preferably closer to 16 weeks.

My chemistry resistent brain just can't figure out the difference between this and say the shave soap or even liquid soaps?

Hi Rhonda ~ the longer the cure the gentler the soap. With so much stearic acid it is harsher than a regular or shaving soap. With the HP shaving soaps they do better with a longer cure as well but there is not anywhere near the amount of stearic acid in them.

Hi Rhonda ~ the longer the cure the gentler the soap. With so much stearic acid it is harsher than a regular or shaving soap. With the HP shaving soaps they do better with a longer cure as well but there is not anywhere near the amount of stearic acid in them.

I figured the stearic had something to do with it :) Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I have a gallon or more of creme soap that has been rotting almost a year, guess it is time to make some more! Cream soap is the most decadent lovely soap there is but does need to age, I find 6 months is good, more is better.

yeah it IS fun! i doubled the recipe :D it is currently in the crock pot, doing its overnight rest. i did try to whip it before but it was too hard, i think i better let it rest for a lil while. will update with pics later.

Latest posts

Back