liquid soap preservative-when to add

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop

Reaction score
Well, I made my first batch of liquid soap. All went well til the stick blender broke! I have diluted it just enough to barely dissolve the paste. Then I got thinking about the preservative and if I should have gone by the weight before dilution.
Do I determine how much preservative after the final dilution or go by the weight of the paste? I did a search here, that took awhile, know how many pages come up when you search "liquid soap preservative"!! Whew!
I didn't come up with an answer. So am seeking advise.
Thanks Cindy

I don't add a preservative to liquid soap. But if you do it should be a percentage of the diluted soap. So you go by weight after you dilute.

That's what made sense to me but needed to check to be sure. I stuck it in the frig til I knew.
Have you ever diluted with other things like aloe juice along with the water? THought about dividing some to try it. I know that will probably cloud it but that's ok with me, it's personal use. I'm liking the way it feels with water even though it's thick. Just thinkin.

agriffin
I don't add a preservative to liquid soap. But if you do it should be a percentage of the diluted soap. So you go by weight after you dilute.

I know preservatives are personal preference and I mainly just make CP soap no preservative some cream soap that I do put in a preservative. Just wondering your thoughts on not adding one.
Thanks all of you for your replies your the best!
Cindy

Back