Need ideas for essential oil(s) for cucumber soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumabrew

Reaction score
I had a request to make a cucumber soap. I have not made one before. I have made soap with purees, so making the soap is not a problem. However, I dont know what essential oils to use for scent. The person requesting the soap told me to use my opinion on it. They want it as a healthy, refreshing soap.

I was going to use a 20% neem oil recipe with cucumber puree. I would like the essential oils to help mask the natural aroma of neem oil (many people dont seem to like the nutty natural aroma of neem oil). But I would also like the EO to have a invigorating and positive impact on the skin.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

When you say invigorating, mint comes to my mind & I believe Rosemary is good for the skin so maybe a blend with those 2 EOs? Just Rosemary-mint doesn't seem to say cucumber but I'm not sure what other EO you could add.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Peppermint EO will help cover the scent and may try it with Bergamot or lemongrass EO.

Back