Hiya From Philly! ***NOT a Eagles Fan***

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Jonathan and I am a total soap making noob & gonna need bunches of help with this!!

A little about me:

1) Live in Philadelphia area (GO COWBOYS GOGOGO!!...YAY Sports! :rolleyes:)

2) Attempting to start a microgreens/mushroom cultivation business that will primarily supply higher end Restaurants/Golf Clubs & Catering Services with a couple farmers market avenues to explore.

3) Somehow I got the Idea to start making soap and scaling that hobby into (hopefully) a profitable side gig. I happen to be in the golf business presently and have a healthy "warm market" that would consist of a large pool of soap loving golfer ladies who will likely enjoy my first runs of HoneySuckle & Lavender soaps. This large pool of potential customers along with immediate family and family friends seem to be one of the better situations that one could hope for wrt ease of developing and maintaining a large customer base relatively quickly. And in turn, hopefully providing a steady and consistant stream of revenue once the word gets out!!

***Full Disclosure***: Making soap is not a money maker for me. If it takes off, great!! Otherwise I could really care less, I hate money. I only deal with it cause I have to and this seems an interesting hobby-for-gas-money at the very least IMHO.

4) Laid back, weed smoking Conservative.

5) Looking to go back to school for both Photography and Sound Engineering.

6) I have medium sized hands :(

..Anyways gonna post in newbs forum with a list of my newly aquired soap making items as well as a list of questions regarding the craft & my particular first runs of soap.

Last edited:
Hiya Jonathan! I have small hands. I thought you might want to know that.

Welcome.gif

Hello and welcome! You've found a great resource here, and there are lots of nice folks.

I do hope you're not in a big hurry to get to the point of trying to sell soap. Put just as much business planning and research into that as you're putting into your micro-greens venture, plus you should also allow at least a year for product development and testing. PLEASE don't skip this bit or think you've found some magical hurry up for it. Your soaps (and business) will be all the better for the work you put into them up front. Immediate family and friends can be a great testing pool for putting the polish on your recipes, IF they can be counted on to give honest feedback. Then, when you truly are ready, you can introduce the golfing ladies to your soaps and they can introduce all their friends.

..Anyways gonna post in newbs forum with a list of my newly aquired soap making items as well as a list of questions regarding the craft & my particular first runs of soap.

Hi Jonathon, Welcome

I suggest you have a read of the questions in the Beginners forum, just go back on the pages and that will give you a wealth of information of soap making items required and answer a lot of your questions regarding the craft.

Wow too many flashy add noise crashing pages when I try and post. I likely wont be posting moving forward, just reading. Spent about 30 mins between last night and today trying to post thank yous, quoting for responses & attempting to copy paste an already written list of stuff I bought....barely getting this done, ouch

This post just took 10 mins with all the page freezing.

Thank you all for the welcomes tho byeee

Wow too many flashy add noise crashing pages when I try and post. I likely wont be posting moving forward, just reading. Spent about 30 mins between last night and today trying to post thank yous, quoting for responses & attempting to copy paste an already written list of stuff I bought....barely getting this done, ouch

You can remove ads by supporting the forum! There is also a great Android app for the forum without any ads at all.

Sorry to hear you're having issues, I've never had any issues with replying or freezing.

I hope you can find a way to join in Jonathan :(

On my computer I have set one of my browsers to block all pop-ups and most other links, which breaks a lot of pictures and all of the links to youtube videos, but it's great for moving around without encountering ads and flashing things.

I switch to a different browser if there's something being talked about that I'd like to see.

On my tablet, I just turn off the sound and adjust the screen so most of the ads are off-screen.

Eventually I'll move to subscription (like toxikon said).

Maybe one of these ideas might work for you?

Back