Buttermilk Baby Bastille Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Say that 10 times! :)

I'm going to craft this recipe and although I've never made this before, I already know it's a good bar. ROE is added to the oils after being opened and I'll probably add some Citric Acid for good measure. My question is how would you improve on this recipe if you were making it or would you? (Or even better, please share your favorite Bastille Baby Bar recipe) Maybe some salt and/or sugar? Different proportions? It's being made as a true baby bar.

Buttermilk Bastille Baby Bar Recipe:
Olive Oil 27oz
Coconut Oil 5oz
Buttermilk 8oz
Carrot Baby Food 2.5oz
Lye 4.3oz

Last edited:
Well, I make this regularly for a friend. It's fine the way it is, but I am partial to avocado oil, so I replaced some of the olive with avo, which is an improvement to me. She likes it plain or with lavender EO. I'm not sure how much carrotty goodness remains after saponification, but my friend is certain it must be the carrot that makes it great.

I make it for preggies and todlers but mine have buttermilk , high olive amount and zinc oxide and I love it, it calms down my dermatitis, but it needs at least 6 months of cure

Last edited:
Well, I make this regularly for a friend. It's fine the way it is, but I am partial to avocado oil, so I replaced some of the olive with avo, which is an improvement to me. She likes it plain or with lavender EO. I'm not sure how much carrotty goodness remains after saponification, but my friend is certain it must be the carrot that makes it great.
Hi.. won't this recipe develop DOS as we are adding buttermilk and carrot puree as the soap has to cure for more than 8 months??

Back