I miss this -

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are certain things that we can't use at the moment, for one reason or another, that we jolly well miss. Well, I do at least.

So, to start us off -

11041796_10153786483999012_5827620877056021617_n.jpg

I have a chair just like this, sat in the corner of the office surrounded by soaps, soaping equipment and assorted cardboard boxes. At the moment the office is only set up for one chair and so mine is looking at me and feeling very unloved.

What do you have around the house at the moment that you really can't use and certainly can not even consider getting rid of?

The man chair, EG! Definitely can't get rid of that, even with all the baby stuff coming in :) You might have to put diapers on top of it.

For me it is soap supplies, they are steadily encroaching on every bit of spare space I have. I live alone, except for Fred the pup, so have no disciplining influences in that respect, it is pretty terrible (and messy.)

A magnificent and very traditional hard-bodied Marmet pram, which I became the proud owner of just before my daughter was born. Seeing as my daughter is 26 now I really don't think I need it any more! It lives up in the loft.

I'm usually super-efficient at de-junking, but The Almighty Pram has survived many a purge. Over the years I've got it down to clean it up ready to list on ebay many a time, but each time I've just washed the covers and polished the chrome... and then put it back in the loft again.

I continue to convince myself that there is no market for such things, and that I am keeping it for any grandchildren that may eventually choose to come along...

Anna, DEFINITELY no market. Or if there is is, it will be even better later on. Not to enable hoarding, or anything! I think your kids will love that when the grands come along, this sounds like a keeper.

Gent- oh my goodness- if my hubby saw that chair of yours (and if we lived nearby), he would try his darndest to talk you into selling it to him. lol He's always on the lookout for vintage-looking things like that to turn his cubicle at work into a 19th century showcase.

A magnificent and very traditional hard-bodied Marmet pram,
Oh my goodness- I would have loved to have had such a pram when my son was a wee bairn 21 years ago! If it were mine, I don't think I could ever let it go unless it was for a grandchild.

As for me, it is my white, porcelain-finished, cast iron, claw-foot bathtub. It's been sitting in my garage for the past few years waiting for my bathroom to be remodeled. My BIL, who was going to help us with that job, tragically died in a car accident, and it's been in limbo ever since. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before we can get it all done and installed.

IrishLass :)

It isn't a thing really. It's my sweet mare Sissel. I still have her, but I haven't ridden in a very long while. It's a long story.

I miss her company and the good times.

deeSissel.jpg

Irish Lass, I have so many building supplies in storage for my eventual dream home, it is not funny. I did manage to divest myself of the second hand clawfoot tub, though. But only b/c it was too big to put into my car and drag to the other side of the country. B/t/w are you off the boat Irish? Ireland is one of my favorite places, and the Irish are one of my favorite people.

DeeAnna, your sweetie is just really sweet. Heartfelt sorry for the missing part.

B/t/w are you off the boat Irish? Ireland is one of my favorite places, and the Irish are one of my favorite people.

I'd love to be able to answer in the affirmative since I've had a long-standing love affair with all things Irish, but nope. I've never even been to Ireland. The most recent time that my Irish ancestors stepped off the boat was in 1840 (from Cork). It was a band of 4 brothers who settled in New York and became firemen. It's funny, but ever since then, my Irish side of the family has always had a fireman in the family right up until my brother came along. He broke the tradition by becoming a police officer. lol He inherited my dad's axe, though, when he (my dad) passed away a few years ago..........

.......Which brings up another thing I'm loath to be rid of: the collection of decorative beer steins that I inherited from my dad. They are still in a box in my garage until I can put up some kind of shelving to display them.

IrishLass :)

Oh, man, you and the family have to go. Ireland is incredibly beautiful, and the Irish are really welcoming, expecially to people of Irish extraction. If you go to Cork you will probably spend a bunch of time talking to people who say "now, are you one of the ____'s from ___? And reconstructing a potential family tree. I am about as far from Irish looking as I can be, but it is one of the places where I loved traveling by myself, I always felt as if I would find friends. Sorry, not a soapy topic.

Latest posts

Back