Soap REcycling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out about Clean the World, too! What a great organization. It's my understanding that they can actually recycle soap slivers (like, actually recycle semi-used soap), and also repurpose those little bottles of hotel shampoos. How cool is that? I've been playing around with the idea of organizing a soap drive at some point, but that'll have to be at a point well into the future for me. :)

I much more prefer to take my soap to local shelters and pass it out to the homeless. Food banks usually welcome the soap. Sorry, I much rather prefer to support locally in place of sending to another country...You also have to pay to send it to them

Point taken but I would like to point out that they do distribute domestically as well as world wide.

However supporting local causes is always a good idea if you can find the organizations that welcome your rebatched and unwanted soap. It may be harder to find someone who will take your shreds, scraps, and ends.

Yes- Clean The World is awesome! It's been a few years since my last donation, but once I've collected enough odds and end to fill up a flat rate box, I'll be shipping out to them again.

IrishLass :)

Wow, how nice and for the needy. I am planning to give some of my soap to Salvation Army if they will accept it.

Point taken but I would like to point out that they do distribute domestically as well as world wide.

However supporting local causes is always a good idea if you can find the organizations that welcome your rebatched and unwanted soap. It may be harder to find someone who will take your shreds, scraps, and ends.
I rebatch and make them into useable soaps to donate. Of course I do not rebatch all my soaps scraps.for giveaway since I make extra scrubby mud bars from my leftovers. I grind up my unloved soaps and keep it in 5 gallons bucket for further use!

I rebatch and make them into useable soaps to donate. Of course I do not rebatch all my soaps scraps.for giveaway since I make extra scrubby mud bars from my leftovers. I grind up my unloved soaps and keep it in 5 gallons bucket for further use!

That is awesome, but for me, I really dislike rebatching, and if I can give it to someone else and let them do it, and it goes to a good cause then for me its a win win.

I'm also a big support local person. I'm hoping to contact an old friend of mine who manages a sexual assault treatment center here locally. I would love to be able to provide her with a quality soap she can give her clients when they have finished with their exams. I'm going to have to buy some kid friendly molds as well - Their patient % are actually more children..... Too sad.

Back