New Deoderant leaving pit stains

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyago

Reaction score
So my new recipe that I have really liked is leaving pit stains on shirts. My previous batches have not done this. My previous recipe was

CO 46.5
Cocoa butter 15.5
beeswax 15.5
baking soda 15.5
cornstarch 15.5
arrow root 31

New Recipe:
30g CO
20g Shea butter
10g Almond Oil
10g Beeswax
15g Arrow Root
15g Diatomaceous Earth (I didn't have any and subbed Bentonite clay)
5 drops Vit E oil
20-25 EO (I used 15 Balsam, 5 ylang Ylang and 5 camphore)

and I'm getting greyish stains. Is shea known to leave oil stains or do you think this is the bentonite leaving marks? Shouls I have put a warning for the pic?

IMG_4030.jpg

My husband got stains on his T-shirts when I was making deodorant with coconut oil, beeswax and clay. I am thinking the combination of wax, melted oils, perspiration and clay can cause the stains. I am now using Swiftcratymonkey's recipe for deodorant and that doesn't seem to stain. I also like the recipe for roll on deodorant from makingcosemtics.com

Don't you know that I just started a new term at school and any reference leading to visiting the craftmonkey website is an automatic several hour deficit to my study time? That blog helped inspire me to take a chem course last year (hardest earned C I ever got and my first non A in a course since I went back to school). But after a self restrained skim I found a alchohal and propylene recipe, a Dipropylene glycol & witch hazel recipe as well as a thumbs down Glycerin base. Which one are you referring to?

Don't you know that I just started a new term at school and any reference leading to visiting the craftmonkey website is an automatic several hour deficit to my study time? That blog helped inspire me to take a chem course last year (hardest earned C I ever got and my first non A in a course since I went back to school). But after a self restrained skim I found a alchohal and propylene recipe, a Dipropylene glycol & witch hazel recipe as well as a thumbs down Glycerin base. Which one are you referring to?

LOL! Good for you. Chem is not necessarily hard, but it's a bit different way of thinking and a lot of memorizing. well worth it in life though - I use my chem all the time.

Latest posts

Back