i lost

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
my dearly beloved cat of 12 years today. cammie was always so perky and friendly, no one was a stranger long to this sweet good natured tortishell kitty with a light tan spot on her dark face. her body was dark and it looked like someone had dragged fingers of red flame through her fur.she was heavily built with a wide head and sturdy bone structure. smart as a whip, she would come when called by name. she would sit by her bowl of food and chirp for more to be put in, even when the bowl was only half empty! she loved her food so......

she started to have trouble about 2 months ago, and she was in and out of the animal hospital twice recently. the vet thought it was irritable bowl syndrome and we were giving her cortisone shots every other day, and special prescription food. but she ate less and less and she seemed a shell of her former self.

my daughter roused me out of bed this morning .....asking me to look at cammie. it was clear to me she must have had a stroke, and we rushed her to the vet. the vet advised me to have her put down, because of the extent of her stroke, he gave her extremely poor odds of survival.

it was the hardest thing i've ever had to do. i've been a complete basket case today.....thank god i was off of work, i've been crying most of the day, barely able to function.

i have two other cats that i love....but cammie, she was very very special to me. i hope it will get easier with time. i know it will but i hope i can get through until it does.....

{{{{Deborah}}}}} I so know how hard this time is and my heart and prayers are with you........Remember her love and she will always be with you deep in your heart............I am so sorry.....

*Hugs* Deborah.....Cammie sounds like a character! I still miss my special kitty cat Minnie who left us in July 2002. It does get easier darl and remembering gets easier too. You are so lucky to have had her for 12 years - that is awesome! Your grieving is important; you have lost a member of your family. Know that a part of her is always alive in you - she truly is.

Tanya

So sorry to hear about Cammie. Hang in there, it will get better with time.

I lost my favourite kitty to a very tragic accident a couple of years ago and had to put him down also - I know how hard it is and feel so much for you. I still think of my kitty every day and how hard it was to put him down.

RIP Cammie.... xoxoxoxo

I am so sorry for your loss . {{{{Hugs}}}}. I have been in your shoes , it is hard, so very hard . I cried a lot too , whenever I thought of him. Now I remember his kooky kitty ways and the silly things he did that made us laugh and laugh.He lived a good life (18 yrs) and we still miss him but we know that he is happy and safe at the rainbow bridge , just this side of heaven.

Kitn

Deborah,

I'm very sorry to hear about your special kitty. It is indeed hard to lose a pet - they are family members. I remember when we had to put my dog to sleep (the dog I grew up with). All the memories kept rolling through my head and it made me sad that we wouldn't have any more time together, but he was suffering greatly and it was his time. It will get better and what you'll remember is all the wonderful times you shared together.

Sibi

That is very sad news indeed. It sounds like your cat had a wonderful life and was well loved and taken care of. Sorry for you and your family.

Jude

I'm so sorry, I know how hard it is to lose a pet you love so much... :(

Latest posts

Back