What is your favorite recipe for swirling techniques?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a fan of canola. Any suggestions of what to substitute it with?
Canola, soybean, even almond they all have a short shelf life, I had never used them in my soaps. They are cheap but you do not know when someone buys the soap how long before they use it.......... it is dos prone

I use a lot of lard and I have the opposite problem you do - waiting for the batter to thicken enough to do swirls (without feathering)

I soap cold, use 30 - 33% water, and stick blend to thin trace.

Does your recipe also contain palm or butters?

Your oo and co recipe: how much of each? Soap temp? How much do you stick blend? Was it pomice olive oil?

My recipe is usually lard, coconut oil, regular olive oil, castor, and rice bran or avocado oil. Sometis an ounce of shea.

But is pricey .... :(

Depending on where you get it, it's not too bad an investment. It really does add a slip that you won't get from olive oil alone and if you ever felt like the splurge, all you need is 10-15% of it in your recipe (take that amount out of olive oil). I could get it for under $15 at either Walmart or BJ's but I also tend to visit my old haunts where I can find it for better prices. You can also get rice bran oil if it is not too pricey. It's cheaper than avocado oil in the general NYC area.

Avacado is really nice!
I don't find it that expensive either, around the same as olive, at least from soaping companies

I will check the soaping company. I do have a bottle I got a Tuesday morning. but my husband loves it on his salads! So I leave it for him :)

But even at a discount it was 14 bucks for a bottle.

I will check the soaping company. I do have a bottle I got a Tuesday morning. but my husband loves it on his salads! So I leave it for him :)

But even at a discount it was 14 bucks for a bottle.

oh wow that's expensive! I think I paid $7 CAD for a litre, I buy from New Directions, they have a minimum of $100 but it's not hard to spend it there!

Latest posts

Back