Thread titles and my very strange mind.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susie, that was funny. Except when I realized that in my noobiness I might have a moment, like last night, when I would issue a plaintive "heeeeelp". Although I would make the re line more descriptive for those of you are nice enough to do it:)

Honey, don't you think I have a post out there with the same title? I assure you that I do!

I just happened to be listening to oldies one day when I was reading the forum, and I saw the title just as the Beatles were singing, so it fit perfectly!

Oh, good, b/c you are probably one of the first I would hit up w/a tearful soap question. That is what you get for being nice.

Edited to add: made your newbie soap recipe, it is looking and feeling really good. I can't wait to check it out. **** you, cure time. Although Lilli, on another forum gave the great suggestion of cutting off a v. thin slice and using it as a tester after a week, she says that that gives a v. good approximation of the finally cured bar, which is awesome for impatient types like me.

Last edited:
?............ Lilli, on another forum gave the great suggestion of cutting off a v. thin slice and using it as a tester after a week, she says that that gives a v. good approximation of the finally cured bar, which is awesome for impatient types like me.

I definetely do that, but test it as soon as it's stopped zapping. I must be really impatient!

I know, Rowan, me too. I have ultra hard water and am really working on finding something that doesn't create disgusting soap scum on the bathtub (and on me), so I am really impatient about testing. I think the skinny lilli - as it has been christened on the other forum- is a pretty good tester, even after just a week. It's sometimes hard for me to even wait *that* long.

Sorry to hijack, y'all, just realized I did. Go back to the normal good feeling silliness. I actually thought that some of you had resorted to making up re lines when I saw some of the actual re lines. I didn't give you enough credit :)

Last edited:
Hijacking again, sorry everyone! Not_ally you could try using citric acid. I've got hard water too. End oh hijack and back to "fun".

Where to start?

Let's start at the very beginning.... a very good place to start. When you read you begin with ABC, when you sing you begin with Do Re Mi....

(Can you tell I recently watched the Sound of Music TV special where Julie Andrews traveled back to Austria to visit the actual film locations? lol Gent- I thought of you and your Lady as I was watching since I know you live in Austria. What beautiful scenery you must be surrounded by!)

I know, Rowan, me too. I have ultra hard water and am really working on finding something that doesn't create disgusting soap scum on the bathtub (and on me), so I am really impatient about testing.

Another hijack. I've read sodium citrate helps to reduce soap scum (which is what the citric acid becomes after it reacts with lye).

Sorry Rowan! Blonde moment. :oops:

Another hijack. I've read sodium citrate helps to reduce soap scum (which is what the citric acid becomes after it reacts with lye).

Sorry Rowan! Blonde moment. :oops:

Don't worry, I have so many blonde moments myself! I should have been a bit clearer in my post.

Mold dimension help please

Oh no! How horrible! You poor thing! I wish I could help, I truly do, but once one has entered the mold dimension, the galactic portal closes and there's no coming back. I'm truly, truly sorry- but it looks like you'll be stuck there forever. :sad:

"Once one has entered the mold dimension, the galactic portal closes and there's no coming back. I'm truly, truly sorry- but it looks like you'll be stuck there forever."

So, so true. I know you are kidding IL, but I am feeling like I have to join (another) 12 step group :)

Back