How to make a natural body spray

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeramian

Reaction score
Hey all,
So I want to venture out and make a natural body spray. Where on earth should I begin? Also I don't want to use essential oils because I really don't like how most of them smell. Even the combinations. What about using natural flavors? Is there such a thing? I know a natural company that claims their products are all natural but I just can't understand how she has scents like cake. How do you get a natural scent like cake. Anyways. I know of a site called natures flavors. His flavor oils are supposedly natural. How is this possible. Ok sorry I know that was way more than one question. Sorry about ranting. Thanks
Jay

Ok what's the difference? And floral water sounds too lite. I want a nice not too strong but not a faint smell either. Nevertheless how would I make one of those.

I don't have any specific suggestions but maybe you won't be able to get the fragrance strength and options going all natural. Experiment but keep in mind you are really limiting yourself.

"Natural" is a broad term.
As far as I know, nobody is distilling essential oil from the Pound Cake Tree anymore :) If you don't want to use EOs, but still want it to smell like "something", I think fragrance is your only real option.

Lolol. Gotcha. Speaking on the word natural. Have you heard of this site called Natures Flavors. Supposedly their flavor oils are all natural how do you think that is possible?

Lolol. Gotcha. Speaking on the word natural. Have you heard of this site called Natures Flavors. Supposedly their flavor oils are all natural how do you think that is possible?

Flavors are a different animal. Flavors can be things like extract. They are water or alcohol based. They are also indigestible. Scents need to be skin safe but you would never use them in a cookie! (well maybe a soap cookie) They also are not a good choice for a spray on scent - they wont last and tend to be lighter.

If you are looking for a floral or a musk, spice, or a pine like scent you can use essential oils and blend them to get the right scent. If however you want a scent like sugar cookie you will not be able to get that naturally.

Also just a note on the word natural. You can make a plastic container and call it natural. The word means nothing in the world of labeling. There is no currently held definition for natural - it means whatever you want to think it means in your own mind - but nothing in truth.

Dorymae, I hear ya. I thought the same thing but was just baffled when I saw this company offering natural scents. SUPPOSEDLY.

I looked them up and what they are saying is that they are natural flavours but are not claiming that the actual flavour is made with natural ingredients IYSWIM...

Hmmmm ok. VERRRRYYYYYYY MISLEADING! Thanks so much for clarifying it for me. I have been wrecking my brain with that. Lol.

Back