Bath bomb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crey15

Reaction score
This is my coco butter bath bomb with a bit of Brazilian Cocoa powder ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393026119.806234.jpg

Those look really great :)

How do you keep from getting a cocoa ring in the bathtub?

I haven't tried them yet but there is only a tiny bit of cocoa. I was worried about it but it's no different than a sparkle ring or sandlewood ring, or some other flecks that some people put in their bombs. But we will see how I feel after I test one tonight. Excited!

Those look cool! Does the cocoa go through the middle or is it just a ring on the outside? I might need to try adding cocoa to my holiday cookie bath bombs next year. :D

It's just a tiny vein so that u don't end up bathing in brown water :) I wanted to drink the bath water the other night cuz it smelled like hot coco just from the coco butter and cocoa powder

It's just a tiny vein so that u don't end up bathing in brown water :) I wanted to drink the bath water the other night cuz it smelled like hot coco just from the coco butter and cocoa powder

LOL! Have to remember not to try that when I'm hungry.

How did you do it in a tiny vein?

Jencat, I just put some of the mix in, patted it down on a diagonal and then did a layer of the mix with a little cocoa mixed in, then filled the rest with regular mix. Hope that makes sense

Great idea just doing a small streak of cocoa powder :) it gives cocoa impact without overloading, I'm not a fan of the murky brown water that a full cocoa bomb creates. How did it affect the water colour, did it make any difference, just a slight tinge? How was the ring around the tub, did the butter leave an oil slick? I love the feel of cocoa butter in my bath but resent having to scrub the bath afterwards, so looking for ideas to combat this :)

What about other herbal powders that you can use for color? I tried turmeric, you can see the pic ( the one in front with turmeric, the one at the back with pale kaolin clay) lovely pale yellow but stains my skin and towel. I wonder if paprika might be ok? Also with the cocoa, does it stain your towel when you dry yourself?ImageUploadedBySoap Making1417710418.377144.jpg

Last edited:
Also would paprika be OK on the skin, read somewhere that it can be an irritant. I love the cocoa bombs, like ice cream balls... Yummy!

Also how do you store them, do you wrap them in plastic after they are dry to keep the fragrance?

Latest posts

Back