A question for soapers with websites

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyM

Reaction score
One day I plan to have a website, and have been collecting photos of my soap and writing up the information for when the time comes.

The thing that stumps me is how to figure out the way to put together shipping costs? I know many people use priority shipping from the PO and use the 3 sizes of boxes. It seems pretty straight forward if you sell only bars, but if you sell gift sets, or other items as well how do you plan it?
Seems like there could be so many many combinations depending on how many and what size that it makes me daze out!

How do you all do it?!

USPS flat rate is the same as the 3 priority mail shipping boxes right?
It's flat rate by box size?

If it's flat rate, how does the weight factor in?

This might sound like extra work, but I place my items in the box with shipping material and weigh it. Once you know the weight along with the box dimensions, you should be able to estimate shipping. I know PayPal allows the buyer to enter their zipcode so they can get an idea of the shipping cost.

It gets hard when you have lots of different sizes of items, but I haven't found a way around measuring and weighing...unless you go with those prepriced USPS boxes.

Back