Lots of questions, rosin soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nao

Reaction score
Okay, so I have some resins(aloes, damar, sanderac, benzoin, rosin, mastic, copai) i bought intended to make incense, then I realised that wasn't my thing, so now I'm trying to figure out something else to do with it. All in all I only have about 150g so it's not a huge amount, but I want to sort of make the best out of it.

While looking around the forum for transparent and rosin soaps I come across isg's version of pear's soap,
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=43252
which sounds like something I would want to try but I have never used a pear's soap and have no idea how it feels to use. I'm also concerned about how a soap with lots of glycerin/alcohol/castor would feel? Like m&p?

I know rosin is used as solvent/clarifier in liquid soap but apart from dish/laundry soap I'm not very interested in liquid soap.

I've also heard rosin can make a soap more cleansing, would it do any good in a dish/laundry soap? Even if it's 100% coconut oil?

Is rosin even interchangeable with other types of resins?

I'm sorry for asking so much from you all :(

Please post your results if you make an exotic resin soap! I'm excited by the idea and I don't even have resins to play with. You might start a new trend! :idea: :cool: :thumbup:

Is rosin the same stuff you use to coat a violin bow? If so I'd love soap with that smell.....it was such a lovely.smell...think I only played for as long as I did to keep coating the bow!!

Is rosin the same stuff you use to coat a violin bow? If so I'd love soap with that smell.....it was such a lovely.smell...think I only played for as long as I did to keep coating the bow!!

I've heard some peoples saying they are similar, but I really don't know. Cool though!

Latest posts

Back