Can you mix FO with EO's in Soy ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magical

Reaction score
I recently bought a candle from a store and read it had a combination of FO and EO's - it was a soy candle.

It had amazing scent throw ... can you do this and do you do it ??

The throw was much stronger than the ones I make.

Any idea's ??

Thanks again :grin:

I don't know why not. Make just a small 4 oz container candle and try it out, but make sure the fragrance oil you use is made for soy wax candles.

Have fun blending the FO's and the EO's.
You will open up a whole new world of aromas.
Mixing thoroughly is the secret to the combination of the two in soy wax.
Add the oils and mix in one direction and allow any air bubbles to float up by resting a little before pouring.
A combination that does not work is musk, lemongrass and vetiver. It is like skunk...
Enjoy your blending!
Susi

Thanks for that ... what would the ratio be to start out ... I currently use 9% FO in Advanced CB ... do I drop down the FO to add the EO ?

Thanks one and all !

I used soy with a little beeswax and palm to make wax melts for Christmas. My essential oil blend worked very well for them.

I used soy with a little beeswax and palm to make wax melts for Christmas. My essential oil blend worked very well for them.

I wonder if they work better in the natural waxes? I've only ever used paraffin and occasionally beeswax, but I just can't get EO's to throw at all in my wax, so it's probably more the formula I use then them "not working" :(

I have never done paraffin so I don't know how essential oils would work for those candles.

Back