Cleaning, which team do you fall into?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStar

Reaction score
Do you wash everything up right after you're done soaping, or wit for it to turn into soap over night and clean up then.
Honestly i'm "that's tomorrow me's problem" and hey, by then its soap, and not a sticky caustic goo that i have to wear gloves to clean

I'm with you, why clean today when you can put it off until tomorrow and its easier.

I wait a day (or two..or three..) for it to turn to a more solid soap. I hate messing with the caustic goop and would much rather scrub off the soap. Gives me a chance to see how it performs.

Straight away. I have children and a very nosy cat that likes to hang around kitchen sink where I soap. I make a pretty huge mess so when I wipe and clean the kitchen why not wash few bowls and whisks. They don't have to be spotless, I miss oil and soap batter here and there, but meh, they will get oily and covered in soap batter again so why bother. :)

i usually wait. i've got two little kids, so i usually do my soaping at night once they're in bed. by the time i'm done, i'm WAY too tired to bother. of course, then the next time i go to make soap i've got extra prep-work ahead of me :p

I prefer to wait but sometimes I just can't. Today I'm making 3 batches so I'm cleaning between each. By the time I get the 3rd done I'll probably be too pooped so will leave everything until tomorrow. :p

I wash my stick blender and thoroughly rinse my lye pitcher. Other than that, containers, utensils, etc get piled in the soap pot or crock pot, and wait until later.

I wash everything as soon as I'm finished with the soap. I find that it seems like more work the next day, and that way all my stuff is ready to go for another day of soaping. But I can't leave dinner dishes in the sink either. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the kitchen.

I clean it up right away because if I wait then I don't feel like it later LOL Although now that I read these, waiting seems better and better to me all the time. I REALLY do hate the clean up part! A LOT.

I boil the kettle, then pour some water in a tall skinny jug, give the stick blender a good wiz zing in there, then pour more water into soap pot and use a long handle brush, it bubbles as I clean, also do all spatulas spoons jugs etc etc. Then I get some clean water and rinse them all and leave to drain on tea towel.
Seldom any oily residue this way and it is all done in a couple of minutes flat.

I wait. Ok, I wait and wait and wait...I wait until I HAVE to wash them. I have a spot on the back porch where I pile everything, out of sight and out of reach of my dog. I think there is some stuff out there now.

i clean right away, simply because i'm sharing the kitchen with my mum. she's the neat freak type, and would absolutely go ballistic if she sees dirty soap pots.

I can't stand the mess after I'm done - I wipe everything out with paper towels first to get rid of most of the batter, then wash in HOT soapy water. I always feel so much better after it's done :lol:

Back