Arizona Dust Storm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought this might be of "wow" interest to those who haven't spent much time the southwest US or any other dry area of the world. This dust storm blew threw late yesterday afternoon but at a slow pace. The first pic is taken from my upper deck. The 2nd pic is taken by someone on the other side the far mountain. I thought it looked bad from my side! I was hoping it would be followed by rain but no luck. :sad:

Dust Storm 01.jpg

Dust Storm 02.jpg

My sis lived in Casa Grande for over 20 years and is now in Maricopa. I have seen many of those dust storms and the orange skys. The second pic is really ugly. What part of Arizona is the picture?

Yep, they certainly get the dust storms in that part of the state! I'm in Kingman, the northwest area called the "Tri-State" because we're very close to Calif and Nev. I live at about 4000 ft (the high desert) so this doesn't happen very often here. The first pic is taken from the east side of the Cerbat Mountains and the second is taken from the west side in a tiny, old mining town called Chloride.

Latest posts

Back