42 years ago...My mom

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am not married yet, but i can only hope that when i do, mine can last as long as yours does Carolyn :)

Wow, 42 years says a lot about both you and your husband. I waited until I was almost 40 to marry because, until then, I wasn't sure I could make anything last. I love seeing examples of successful long-term marriages -- they give me hope that ours will get there too :)

So did my oldest Daughter CaraBou. She had her first baby at 39 last year. Her marriage is working but my youngest who married first has a lousy marriage and I am praying she finally is giving it up. Some are just not to be

So sorry for your youngest! Shall pray for her!

My husband and I will be completing 9 years of our marriage this year! I love the beautiful relationship we have and of course the love of our lives. ... Our little daughter!

cmzaha, your baby will find her way. And how wonderful that you'll be there for her no matter how winding her path may be.

I remember calling my mom once when I was 20 years old, living 2,000 miles away from her, and in a dangerous relationship. I was crying, but without explaining anything I asked if her if I could come home. She didn't pause for questions, but simply said "of course you can." That's all I needed to know. I got out of the relationship but stayed where I was. And I never forgot her reaction. She was married to my dad for 52 years -- until she died -- though most of those years weren't too happy. We have so much more freedom today than in her day. I am confident your daughter will realize and seize her freedom.

Back