When to start Fall/Holiday scents?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
I live in Mississippi and our "Fall" doesn't really start until mid-October or later. However, I'm about to order some more fragrances and was wanting to know when most people start their fall fragrance lines? I figure Christmas scents would be good to start around November. Any thoughts?

I've already started making mine. But .partly because I'm a teacher and have more time in the summer. Only one more week before we start back. It's WAY TOO EARLY!

Hi hm! I live in MS too as you know and I can't wait for our fall. It's sweltering. I am making my Fall soaps at the end of the month because they only get better with age :) Let me know if you ever come to South MS. We can do a soap exchange if you would like.

I've started my fall soaps, since I need them for an event in the beginning of September. September is a good time to roll out fall soaps though, since it starts to cool down a little. I will start my holiday soaps at the end of September, so that I can start selling them right after Halloween. Some of my fall scents roll over into my holiday soaps too, so I will do a 2nd round of the "fall" soaps that have spice, like Pumpkin and Apple Cider, around the same time I do the strictly holiday soaps.

I am starting to harvest my winter squashes and pumpkins, but I don't think my customers are ready for fall scents, it is also sweltering here! People are buying refreshing scents at the moment....

Back