What have you read and what are you reading?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this week:
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

Enjoyed both, although they are very different reads.

The book that I'm reading on is a poetry book called Love and Misadventures by Lang Leav.

I really like her poems even though I am not usually a fan of poetry, you can say that I don't have enough artsy blood. LOL.

My last book was Next Tuesday Apocalypse which was pretty funny but the ending was a little underwhelming.

The book that I'm reading on is a poetry book called Love and Misadventures by Lang Leav.

I really like her poems even though I am not usually a fan of poetry, you can say that I don't have enough artsy blood. LOL.

My last book was Next Tuesday Apocalypse which was pretty funny but the ending was a little underwhelming.

Now I'm listening to The Book of Life, the last book in Deborah Harkness's All Souls Trilogy, and reading A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway. I'm loving The Book of Life so far and am sad it is the last book. She needs to write more :) . I'm still undecided about A Study in Silks. It is a steampunk book about Sherlock Holmes's niece. The books switches point of view between 3 characters and I only like reading two of them so far. I'm hoping the third improves since I'm not that far into the book yet.

Write now I am listening to audio books by Nevada Barr. They are murder mysteries set in National Parks. Her main character is a park ranger. Her descriptions of the parks are so rich and enjoyable, and her characters are interesting. The mysteries are good and not overly complicated. And the woman who is reading the book on the audio is very enjoyable.

Love love love Janet Evanovich. I tell people it's like Lucy and Ethel become bounty hunters.

I love discovering a new-to-me author who already has a bunch of books out. Then I get to binge read/listen and don't have to wait a year (or more) for the next book. Luckily I have a co-worker who has similar taste in books who recommended several authors to me soon after I started working here.

Deborah Harkness the third book " the tree of life" , it is the third part to Discovery of witches.;)
I love her style and I am sad it is the last in the series:(

Now I'm listening to Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series. Think modern day Call of Cthulhu with a good dose of humor. I'm almost done with book 1 and my husband is already done with book 5. Good stuff!

That wasn't all I was gonna say! Grrr. When the new releases come out I re read 1-2 times. It is funny how you come to love the "people" from the books and miss them afterwards. My sister and I talked about that after the most recent release. Has anyone who reads the outlander books seen the show on starz and if so how do you like it?

I'm always reading. I love to read for relaxation. Nothing too deep. I love murder mystery with a good story line and sex . What more could I ask for...:) I try to read every night before bed.

Well for now I am reading The Stone of Destiny, Rangers Apprentice (ultimate favorite of mine and my sisters) God's Smugglers and Frank Perrety Books. I would recommend Rangers apprentice and can't wait for mom to get the Brother-band, A take off of the last Rangers book :D

Latest posts

Back