Anybody making soap this weekend , whatcha making?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I am going to try making some tub truffles and a funnel swirl soap .
Anybody else got soaping plans.

Happy soaping !!

Kitn

I'm going to try and do a funnel swirl too! I don't plan too much on the weekends because the kids are home in the way.

Of course, you know we expect pictures, right? I'm especially excited to see your tub truffles.

I'm gonna try to make a soap by just pouring two different colors on opposites sides of the log mold, at the same time. I have no idea if it'll work. I need s'more Labcolors. I only have a few. :cry:
I also have 8 differen't batches of body mousse to make for a wedding shower.

You bet! I make soap every day! :D

This weekend I'm planning to make a sweet pea soap and an unscented shea soap.

i just made hp, oatmeal milk and honey and papaya/mango, i added 2 oz of mango butter after the cook, really makes it easier to work with, smoother and very nice bar, tomorrow i may make coffee soap with real grounds, have to look up how to do it!

LJA said:
Of course, you know we expect pictures, right? I'm especially excited to see your tub truffles.

I'm gonna try to make a soap by just pouring two different colors on opposites sides of the log mold, at the same time. I have no idea if it'll work. I need s'more Labcolors. I only have a few. :cry:
I also have 8 differen't batches of body mousse to make for a wedding shower.

I will be interested to see the outcome of your experiment. We will need to see pictures of this for sure . :wink:

Kitn

i'm going to use my bottle of titanium dioxide (white) that came yesterday. maybe i'll do a funnel and see if i can get it to come out real nice with a good contrast between colored and white (really white)

I've been planning on doing some chocolate/cocoa butter soaps the last few days and haven't made it that far yet. Maybe they'll get done this weekend :)

If I have time, as we have a viewing of our house this weekend and I have to tidy up, I am going to try to rebatch some honey soaps I made a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy your soaping,

Egzandra

I'll make two small batches without palm oil just to compare them. I'm still looking for a good base recipe. No scents, no colors since I don't have any yet.

My first post on this forum!

Made three batches yesterday, one salt, one pine resin and one spruce resin. I think I put the salt in too early, but we will see. Resin ones smell nice.

So far this morning I've done

Vanilla Blossom - was supposed to be an awesome black and white swirl, but well the FO misbehaved and instead I think I have something closer to dalmation soap. I scented the black and it seized up, so it's in globs in amongst the white :oops:

Crazy For Coconut - 100% CO, with coconut milk as the liquid and caribbean coconut FO - not one of my faves but I have a few people who adore this one.

Small batch of Axe Touch dupe - the men in the house ran out of soap that smells "manly" they say, so this one is for them LOL

Later today or tomorrow I still want to do a cucumber mint, pink sugar, and who knows what else.

I'm going to try two different rebatch methods with my lovely smelling, but butt ugly 4# lilac soap log. I will attempt the whipped soap and microwave bag techniques.

Both, I might add are courtesy of info posted by 2 of our friends on this very forum! :)

Jude

I just sold out of 6 flavors at the Market, I have to get 72 cupcakes and 3 bathes of Kitchen soap finished and all I want to do is sleep. So yes, I'm making soap, but first I'm taking a nap.

This weekends soaps:
Truthful, Debonair, Amused, Despair, Vivacious & Insane.

Cupcakes:
Chocolate Peppermint (Frosty), Blueberry (Happy), Cotton Candy(Silly), Lemon(Tempted), Strawberry(NO NAME YET) & Vanilla(Dreamy).

Kitchen soaps:
Almond, Lavender Mint & Citrus Blend. NO NAMES YET

I put the cart before the horse with the cupcakes and the kitchen soaps, selling them wholesale from samples and I don't have names for them yet.

Anybody got any great ideas? Cupcake moods? What mood is a kitchen soap?

I'm having a go at the Mantra swirl (Saponifier magazine's swirl contest winner). I haven't gotten around to downloading the tutorial, so I'm just goofing around with it.

You have to have a subscription to download it, right? I think I should tell my husband that the magazine would be a FAAAAAABULOUS mother's day gift. :wink:

No soap making this weekend and I made none this past week. Today was the first Saturday I had off in a while as the Green Market ended last Saturday for the season. It was nice not to have to get up at 5:30 but I may miss the money it brought.
I think I will spend the off season in research and development. I have already decided I am going to cut back on the selections. Trying to keep in stock on 25 scents was too much.

LJA said:
You have to have a subscription to download it, right? I think I should tell my husband that the magazine would be a FAAAAAABULOUS mother's day gift. :wink:

Not sure if you have to be a subscriber - looks like you can just pay for the tutorial. Probably cheaper just to subscribe (hopefully one would have access to back-issues??). I never seem to have a credit card handy when I'm online. Too lazy to go out to the car and get my wallet.

Latest posts

Back