Curing sented soaps together?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashdigger

Reaction score
Just wondering has anyone had any problems while curing their soaps the different scents mingling or other soaps absorbing the fragrances that had not been added originally to the soap? I've seen several postings where others have a lot of soap on the same drying rack and what appears to be several different types of soap stored together. Right now I store all of my soap in separate containers in relation to the FO...any thought on this?
Thanks..

I haven’t had a problem with my soaps being next to each other while on the curing rack. After 4 weeks or so I put soaps of the same scent unwrapped in cardboard boxes for storage.

Last edited:
There are only a couple of scents that I've noticed try to migrate into other soaps. Peppermint is pretty aggressive, I got a couple of peppermint scented bars for the Secret Santa exchange and had to sequester them away from other soaps because it was trying to colonize. Vanilla can be a sneaky bugger, my vanillin trial soap will transfer scent to bars near it (at least temporarily) and discolor bars that touch it, but I also used a lot of vanillin in that soap.

All the other scents I've made I cure on the same set of racks, and haven't had any problem with smells mingling actually in the soaps. It can get a little 'noisy' to have several different scents curing all at once, but that hasn't bothered me so far.

Thanks guys, I havent had any real problems as of yet but I'm starting to store my soaps closer and was just curious.
Thank you!

I cure my soaps on trays that are only inches from each other, and have never had a problem with fragrances migrating. But I store my cured, wrapped soaps separately, in individual baseball card boxes. I'm not sure, because I don't do it, but I think the paper wrappers might absorb fragrances from other soaps, if stored together.

Latest posts

Back