How to find how much crust I need?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony0327

Reaction score
Hi,

How would I go about finding how much wax I need to fill a cookie sheet? I am trying to make a sheet of wax but am not sure how to go about calculating this. It does not have to fill it the entire way but be thick to pick up without breaking

Thanks.

Anthony

- This is for a school project. I have to make a sheet of wax. I saw a youtube video of someone making a Candle Pie using a cookie sheet and pouring wax on there which gave me the idea of doing it that way.

The wonderful thing about wax is that you can remelt it and do it again pretty easily.

A couple of fun experiments:
Emboss by laying something textured under the pour (if you use bubble wrap, cool the wax a bit before pouring).

Practice making rolled wax candles (hint, warm sheets are easier to roll).

When you've finished, just remelt the wax and pour flat to hand in for your final project.

Wax is fun :mrgreen:

Yes, I can. I did not think of that. I am having a brain fart.

Happens to the best of us! :)

Also you can use the same methodology for finding out the volume of your pan the same as when making soap, which is L x W x H x .40 (I think - it's been a while since I've calculated it)

Happens to the best of us! :)

Also you can use the same methodology for finding out the volume of your pan the same as when making soap, which is L x W x H x .40 (I think - it's been a while since I've calculated it)

That formula is to calculate the amount of oils to be used for a batch, not the total volume. Total volume would be L x W x H. I think. Math isn't my best.

Latest posts

Back