Hmmm... this could get interesting.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittish

Enthusiastic Newbie
Reaction score
Got our new dining table and chair set delivered today. It's in a box, on a pallet. A big box, bit over six feet tall, almost a foot deep, and about four feet wide. Weighs a couple hundred pounds. I'm not even quite sure how to go about getting INTO the box, much less how I'm going to get the contents out without the whole thing going TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRR. Hell, I don't know if I can even manage to lay the box down as a preventative measure without losing all control of it. SO will be sleeping for several hours yet, and I'm not particularly thrilled to leave the box standing in the driveway. All it'd take would be one good gust of wind and over it goes, doing who knows how much damage to the contents.

So, half an hour or so later... Went back out there and cut away one side of the box, so I could see what was inside. Another box. Of course. So peeled the outer box off, and was able to lay the main inner box down without squishing or breaking anything. Good thing, too, because not five minutes later it started getting rather breezy. Peeled off the top of this box, and am able now to start ferrying pieces and parts inside. Fun times.

And final update. Table and chairs are assembled and set. Cat has officially investigated and is currently lounged on the table. And now I've got acres of that nice, cushy foam wrap stuff (think styrofoam-bubble wrap hybrid) to get rolled up and stored for when I need packing materials. I also have several nice, big sheets of styrofoam board that are almost an inch thick. Maybe build one or two insulating sleeves for some of my wooden molds? Outer shell of cardboard so the styrofoam doesn't get all torn up.

Last edited:
Back