mold liners

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
I need to make a liner for a wooden box.

I don't like using plastic wrap and I want to make something that I can wash and use again.

Any do's or don'ts on materials and adhesive?

I use craft foam sheets. I try to find the thickest ones I can. It's what Paul uses in some of his TOG molds. I don't know where he gets his, of course, buy I buy it at Hobby Lobby.

You cut the pieces for the sides & bottom, then they just peel off the soap. I wash & re-use them over & over.

mandolyn said:
I use craft foam sheets. I try to find the thickest ones I can. It's what Paul uses in some of his TOG molds. I don't know where he gets his, of course, buy I buy it at Hobby Lobby.

You cut the pieces for the sides & bottom, then they just peel off the soap. I wash & re-use them over & over.

Ditto. I found mine at Joanns Crafts. Love em!

Nope, they stay all by themselves!

Just peel them off when your done and rinse them.

I bought a bag of 20 sheets from Michael's and cut them to fit exactly en masse with my rotary cutter I use for quilting. Quick and easy. DH made molds for me that are 3.5" sides and bottom.

I have a TOG dual with similar liners, there's an adhesive holding the pieces together making the liners one piece. It keeps the soap from leaking into the mold. I like the mold, wish the sides were a smidge higher, but that's just dimensions.

With separate pieces there is a minimal leaking, but I just scrape it off. Never amounts to more than a teaspoon.

Cool!! I was considering using that foam, but wasn't sure if/how it would work.

A friend of mine has several sheets of white foam just sitting around leftover from a craft project this summer. :wink:

Latest posts

Back