Problem with lavender rising to the top of soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleginger73

Reaction score
On the first batch I made, I added lavender to it but it didn't mix into the soap.. It rose to the top. Is there a trick to it? I didn't use a stick mixer, I stirred by hand.. Should I use a stick mixer and get it really thick.. Will that help get it suspended into the soap? Thanks!

I add mine to my oils and blend well before the lye mixture. You really need a stick blender. Makes a world of difference. I've never had it rise to the top or not blend in.

Yeah, using a stick blender to get it mixed in properly will really help. It doesn't have to be really thick, a little thick is generally good enough. You also want to make sure you use a scent that is made for soap, some are incompatible.

I just bought a stick blender so my next batch I'll add the lavender to the oils first then see if that along with the stick blender will solve the problem.. Thanks for the help!

+ 1 for the stick blender.
I soaked my dried lavender bits in the lavender EO. It got the air out of them, and they fixed the EO pretty well it seems.

So my lavender was too dry and soaking them in the oil will make them less buoyant? Thanks!

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting a stick! That should really make a difference for you now. Post here your results, okay? Fingers crossed for your lavender soap :)

Latest posts

Back