Advice on Honey Soap Base?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SummerlandSoaps

Reaction score
Ok, so I want to get a honey soap base that is actually the color of honey. Are there any honey bases that are already honey colored? If not, what colors would I use to make it honey colored? I'm new to MP and I want to use it in conjunction with my CP soaps.

WSP's honey base is amberish colored. But if you already have your soap purhased just try adding a bit of honey to your soap. When I add honey to my clear mp, it turns it a nice amber color. If it's not dark enough for you just add a little brown coloring.

I like the WSP honey base as well or I add honey to my clear base with a little copper Mica to give it a brown shimmer.

Haven't tried any yet so can't be of much help, but do have a question about adding your own honey. Since it's advisable to add only a tsp or so per 4 ounces, would buying it already made have more honey in it? I notice brambleberrys has honey as the 5th ingredient. It sounds like adding only a tsp per 4 ounces wouldn't make that much difference.

Latest posts

Back