3rd batch (Recycled some bits from 2nd batch) (pix)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapopera

Reaction score
Hello Soapers,

Just some pix I want to share of what I did with my second batch. I just took 2 sliced bars and grated it. Mixed it into a white base at medium trace this time. Here's the link to what it looks like previously:

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20433

It came out of the same silicon mold better this round. I left it for 2 days before unmolding. Think can stretch to a 3rd day as when I unmold the bottoms are still slightly soft but not sticky. During slicing, the insides are sticky.

I follow some tips here and I soap this at:
CO... 25%
Olive Pomace... 50%
Palm ... 20%
Castor... 5%
Lye Concentration... 30%

I'm wondering if I should increase the lye concentration as this took a bit longer to dry out in the mold or could it be all the liquid fats I'm using.

IMG_1711%20copy.jpg

IMG_1714%20copy.jpg

Comments welcome :D

Thank you for the compliments. I'm quite satisfy with the outcome and finally feel these can go into the Xmas gift baggy :wink:

That soap looks amazing sliced! I love the crinkle cut with it. It adds a lot. Keep up the amazing work! :D

Thank you for the compliments ewenique, photoshadows and ToniD. I didn't know how the insides will turn out, so I went to get a crinkle cutter in hopes it will somewhat help it looked better. And it did! :lol:

Latest posts

Back