Best / Least Expensive Supplier for Essential Oils???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hray

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

First let me just say a huge thank you to everyone on this forum. I have spent countless days, nights, eeee-gads.....a LOT of hours just reading through all of the posts and soaking up as many gems of bubbly wisdom as I can. I'm happy to say that from everything I learned on here, my first batch was a success and I've already been able to to use it. I LOVE it!!! So...thanks!!!!! (and I now understand the addictiveness and the insanity that goes along with it....it's fuuuuuuun!!!! haha)

I was preparing to order some large bottles (16 oz or up) of essential oils, but am kinda scared after reading a lot of what has been written about EOs and wanted to seek out some sage advice. I would cry if I spent all that money and then they were no good for soaping.

I'm trying to find the least expensive supplier, or best value supplier of EOs that can be recommended. I've looked at MMS and MountainRose......

I'll be starting with only a few 'flavors' in the EOs. Mainly rosemary, lemongrass or lemon verbana, possibly lavender but I'm not committed to that yet. Eucalyptus...etc. And is there a chart somewhere that shows the 'notes' of the different oils to help with my concoctions?

Any sudsy suggestions?

Thank you!!!! :D

Oh, I'm doing HP

I can't really answer your question about least expensive/best value supplier (I buy most of my EOs from wholesalesuppliesplus.com); however, I really want to recommend lavender.

It blends well with almost everything, is safe (can be used undiluted), no contraindications, it's soothing and can be used on all skin types.

http://www.aromaweb.com/essentialoilsgo/lavender.asp

I love it blended with lemongrass and I think it helps to anchor the scent. I also like it blended with clary sage for a more herbal/spa-like scent.

Hazel,

Thank you so much (I'm going to check out that site for EO's)

The clary sage and lavender sounds decadent. I would never have thought of that combination. :) I love the smell of lavender, it's actually my personal favorite. I've just seen so many different comments about how it holds up, how it doesn't, some say it stinks in soap....etc, etc, etc. so I got confused as to which choice of lavender to go with, because there seem to be so many. :!:

Thanks again!

Heather

after trying others, I am now an exclusive WSP EO girl.

The shipping cost is included for most products, but they also offer a 25% discount if you pick up your order (they are right off the OH turnpike near Cleveland), and they also have a frequent purchaser program that can save you money.

I switched to their Lavender 32/30. LOVE IT! It's "prettier" than the 42/40- a bit more true to what my lavender in my garden smells like.

I also love their Litsea Cubeba. It's so lemony- and doesn't fade like real lemon EO does.

I love their EO blends, too. Rosemary Peppermint, Bergamot Grapefruit, Cedarwood Sage, Sleepytime, and so many others I can't even list them all!

Their service is wonderful and helpful. My shipped orders always come quickly.

I was just there this past weekend and stocked up. We stop whenever we happen to be driving through OH on our way to family in Michigan (we live in MD).

Erin :)

new directions for eos,
are you opposed to fos? We know lots of places! and their are SO many to chose from, how bout make some of each? I like peak for fos, they have 10- 1ouncers for 20$ and you can double or triple any of the scents, some place dont let you do that with sample sizes.

I'm with Honor on Peak's and I love WSP too...both great for FO's.

More expensive but phenomenal FO's- Sweet Cakes and Scent Works.

I also agree with a PP with the citrus smelling herbal EOs lasting and working better than the actual citrus fruit.

I cant reccomend The Lebermuth enough! I would call up Heather over there she is the absolute best sales person ever! They offer samples and also have great all natural fragrance blends that are 100% natural! There is a mininum order of $150 but it is well worth it!

Wow....FANTASTIC info....I have gotten lost in the WSP site, and am realizing I would happily go broke shopping there. :D I'm off to plunder The Lebermuth now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Also for the help in picking which lavender to go with. tee hee, tee hee

If I had ANY idea how much fun this was, I would have started doing this a LONG time ago. And I can't thank each of you enough..truly.

Honor: I'm really wanting to stick with the EOs...however this is coming from a newbie, so we'll see how it goes. I am very intrigued by the natural fragrances that were mentioned and I'm definitely going to check them out as well.

You guys are great teachers and I'm loving the homework! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~Heather

hray said:
Wow....FANTASTIC info....I have gotten lost in the WSP site, and am realizing I would happily go broke shopping there. :D I'm off to plunder The Lebermuth now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Also for the help in picking which lavender to go with. tee hee, tee hee

If I had ANY idea how much fun this was, I would have started doing this a LONG time ago. And I can't thank each of you enough..truly.

Honor: I'm really wanting to stick with the EOs...however this is coming from a newbie, so we'll see how it goes. I am very intrigued by the natural fragrances that were mentioned and I'm definitely going to check them out as well.

You guys are great teachers and I'm loving the homework! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~Heather

I have also found that Lavendin is much stronger than Lavender. Lavender can get very expensive whereas Lavendin is reasonable. If you go with Lebermuth, Just call Heather, her extention is 2201 and she will send you samples of anything you are unsure of...tell her Shonny Isley reccommended you. She is just great...I call her and we get lost in other conversations! She is a sweetheart! But besides that their pricing is great and the fragrances are quality.

Most of their all natural fragrance blends are weaker than straight EOs but their Cool Citrus Herb is nice and the Bug Off Bug repellent mixed with Citronella is wonderful for the bugs and smells very fresh and citrusy.

Best Natural Soap said:
after trying others, I am now an exclusive WSP EO girl.

The shipping cost is included for most products, but they also offer a 25% discount if you pick up your order (they are right off the OH turnpike near Cleveland), and they also have a frequent purchaser program that can save you money.

I switched to their Lavender 32/30. LOVE IT! It's "prettier" than the 42/40- a bit more true to what my lavender in my garden smells like.

I also love their Litsea Cubeba. It's so lemony- and doesn't fade like real lemon EO does.

I love their EO blends, too. Rosemary Peppermint, Bergamot Grapefruit, Cedarwood Sage, Sleepytime, and so many others I can't even list them all!

Their service is wonderful and helpful. My shipped orders always come quickly.

I was just there this past weekend and stocked up. We stop whenever we happen to be driving through OH on our way to family in Michigan (we live in MD).

Erin :)

How could I have forgotten the blends? smack my forehead - doh!

Bergamot/Grapefruit is nice but I don't think I'll order it again. It might just be me but I didn't think it had much of a scent. It just didn't impress me.

Now the Valencia is fantastic. I couldn't stop sniffing it. :lol:

The Natural Energizing blend (Sweet Orange & Ginger) is phenomenal in soap. I made a HP beer soap approx 12 weeks ago and used this in it. Love it! Love it! Love it! I'm on my last bar but it still smells good although it has faded a bit. I have a theory that the ginger helps to anchor the scent.

I just used the last little bit in the bottle on one of my latest batchs. I didn't have much so I blended it with Lemon EO for a kitchen scrub bar. It smelled fantastic when I first combined them. Then I got overly eager to finish up and dumped them in before I double checked to see if the soap was cool enough. These EOs sizzled :shock: Now I can barely smell the scent but I don't know if it was because of this or if the coffee grounds have a deoderizing effect.

Mint Thyme is a soft minty scent and I combine it with peppermint for foot products. I blended it with Lime EO for a HP beer batch and family members loved it. My BIL said it was the best soap he'd ever used and he really liked the scent. One of my sisters asked me the other day if I was going to make another batch of the soap that "smelled like Irish Spring".

Latest posts

Back