Florida Sweat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimberly60

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have never made MP, just CP. I would like to start making MP but would like to hear from others who live in a humid warm climate. I live in FL until June each year and wonder about sweating issues with MP as our temperatures begin to rise soon.

I am told to use Saran wrap to keep them from sweating which I guess is fine but I do plan to display and sell them with my CP soaps so wonder if that is really the best packaging for them.

Any information given will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

If you are making the MP for yourself, invest in a room dehumidifier and put in the room where you store your soap. M&P soap can be put in sealed cellophane as soon as it is cool.

If you are making the MP for yourself, invest in a room dehumidifier and put in the room where you store your soap. M&P soap can be put in sealed cellophane as soon as it is cool.
I am planning on selling it along with my CP soap. I do have A/C.

My concern is having it outdoors at craft fairs. if it is in the cellophane then will it be okay?

Test it. I live in an opposite climate to you and don’t have any practical advice to give. If Saran doesn’t cut it during your testing you can look into shrink wrap, it’s thicker but more expensive

Kimberly saran wrap didn't work for me. Somehow the soaps sweated over the summer. I'd avoid any disappointment and shrink wrap them.I use polyolefin shrink bags so the scent can come through...

Thank you CT. I will plan on your advice as I would hate to have them ruined and waste soap.

Back