lotion bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderland

Reaction score
apricot chamomile

beeswax
cocoa butter
jojoba oil
vitamin e

lotion_solids.jpg

x

:D love the molds! especially the smiley face! :D

my skin seems drier this year. my elbows would just love your bars!

nice job!

LJA said:
OMG, the face molds are hysterical....lol. They look great!! I bet they feel even better.

yeah, they're cute little rascals. i used to make m&p soaps and i used those molds for guest soaps and samples.

i've been wanting to make some for a while now, and they feel great. i'd like to put them in round push-up tubes. guess i should do a search. LOL

Re: x

heartsong said:
:D love the molds! especially the smiley face! :D

my skin seems drier this year. my elbows would just love your bars!

nice job!

heh! the first place i tested on was my elbows. i love them!!

Heartsong!! Those look fantastic - I absolutely love those face molds and have been lusting after them forever! Congrats on a fabulous looking lotion bar!

Lindy said:
Heartsong!! Those look fantastic - I absolutely love those face molds and have been lusting after them forever! Congrats on a fabulous looking lotion bar!

err...i made them. :D

i got the molds off ebay about a year or so ago. not expensive at all.

Wonderland - okay my brain is definately still asleep - they rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry for my brain fart - :oops:

You inspired me! I made one to sell and one to use. I had all of the ingredients already and it was so simple!

I'd love to make some in other fragrances soon.

So cool, so i melt ingredients, then put in mold, how long do i cure, or are they ready to use?

honor435 said:
So cool, so i melt ingredients, then put in mold, how long do i cure, or are they ready to use?

I unmolded after about an hour and used a few hours later. Oh, I did stick it in the fridge for a while. Seems a lot of people store them in the fridge, especially in hot weather since shea has a pretty low melting point.

honor435 said:

they're ready to use when they've hardened.

NewSoapieFreak said:
I unmolded after about an hour and used a few hours later. Oh, I did stick it in the fridge for a while. Seems a lot of people store them in the fridge, especially in hot weather since shea has a pretty low melting point.

i thought about putting them in the fridge but then decided not to. i was worried they would "sweat" when i took them out to use.

imade some today! i did heart shapes and they do pop right out of molds! I scented some lemongrass and some ginger/white tea, the tea ones i did with cocoa butter, the kind smell like chocolate, oh well. It was fun and so easy. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back