Share your favorite aromatherapy recipe!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use an aromatherapy soap from Bath and Body Works that has eucalyptus and spearmint essential oils, and a matching bath salt.

I wish I had a bowl of Fruit Loops to eat while I'm reading this right now! :lol: :lol: I'll have to try the mix.

I have been experimenting to come up with a duplicate scent that is close to Thyme's Eucalyptus. I came up with something close, but not right on the money.
I list it in parts

1.25 eucalyptus EO
.5 petitgrain EO
1 lime EO
1 lemon EO
1 tangerine EO
1 honeysuckle FO

My current favourite blends are

Orange:peppermint 2:1 (I love this in the shower, really peps me up)

and

Lavender:Orange:Frankincense 2:1:1 (makes Lavender almost bearable...!)

I like fir needle, pettigrain, bitter orange, and a smidge of clove bud or a smidge of patch. Another version is to add oak moss eo. YUM. Unlike its name, bitter orange smells very close to neroli but with a sharp orange peel scent at the top, a floral on the second pass by the nose. Neroli is delicious and shokingly $$$ (is used to flavor Coca-Cola, maybe that's why soapers can't buy it cheap). Bitter orange is far cheaper and a quality alternative. Try it!

I have been experimenting to come up with a duplicate scent that is close to Thyme's Eucalyptus. I came up with something close, but not right on the money.
I list it in parts

1.25 eucalyptus EO
.5 petitgrain EO
1 lime EO
1 lemon EO
1 tangerine EO
1 honeysuckle FO

If you are interested, Sweet Cakes has a dupe.

Ylang Ylang/Patchouli Blend

I think this is definitely more of a feminine blend. I didn't like the blend at first, but after the soap cured, it was wonderful. I got it from the Internet, but can't remember where. Sorry, I usually try to give credit to the originator.

Cassia .2 oz
Rose Geranium .6 oz
Patchouli 2.3 oz
Ylang Ylang III .4 oz

Just tried a blend of 1:1 Ylang Ylang:Jasmine FO. I am finding that EO's definitely smell, how should I say, medicinal, compared to FO's. Did a 2:1 Lavender:peppermint blend as well, which is more minty than lavendery.

I recently made a Whipped Shea Butter that I call Bubble Gum Fluff using the ratio in this blend (4 parts Grapefruit/2 Parts Ylang Ylang/1 part Eucalyptus Radiata) blend. I tinted it to a very pale shade of pink using pearlescent mica powder, and it almost looks good enough to "chew." Remember that this blend is to enjoy aromatically and not internally. Make sure that children and others do not ingest anything that you make using this blend.

Ingredients:

• 4 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
  • 2 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
  • 1 drop Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil

For me personally
flowers + patchouli
flowers + cinnamon
flowers + anise

I will try civet too. Civet & rose has some history I believe - a king maybe.

Here's a blend called materna = 1 part sandalwood, 1 part frankincense, 2 parts lavender.

Miss you, Rainbow Meadows :(

Patchouli & orange 1:3 is really good, that's the blend that got me hooked on patchouli (I hated it before)! Cedarwood and lavender 1:2 or 1:3 is also nice, very woodsy and soft. I like it in a relaxing linen spray with a pinch of fir needle added, too. Sandalwood, lemon, and ginger 3:2:1 is an awesome blend just to enjoy in the diffuser, but sandalwood is so expensive... I'm asking for 15ml each of amyris and peru balsam from Mountain Rose Herbs for my birthday to see what I can do with them, if I like them I might order some more to use in soap. MRH actually has amyris & peru balsam really cheap, especially considering how expensive their other oils are compared to other more run-of-the-mill brands like NOW and Eden's Garden. I've heard mixed reviews on amyris, I wish it really did work as a sandalwood substitute but I'm doubtful.

Just tried a blend of 1:1 Ylang Ylang:Jasmine FO. I am finding that EO's definitely smell, how should I say, medicinal, compared to FO's. Did a 2:1 Lavender:peppermint blend as well, which is more minty than lavendery.

Real essential oils should NOT smell medical sounds like you may have fake oils which have been made from chemicals.

Iv failed so many times I'm becoming an expert

I find a lot of eos smell medicinal. This doesn't mean they are fake. There are some that just smell like that. Smell is also very subjective. All that said you can blend eos that have the medicinal quality with others to lessen the scent.

Not sure which oils can be classed as smelling medical, iv never came across any pure oils like that. Only ever fake oils have strange smells ,.. To me anyway.

When I first stared out with eo's I got some from eBay ... All where fake chemical, they smelts medical or chemical like ... Yuk! Horrid

Iv failed so many times I'm becoming an expert

Latest posts

Back