Christmas Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems that nothing has turned out for me in the last 1-2 months and I slowed way down. I thought I would try a christmas soap today and I'm happy with how it looks, but it has this slightly applesaucy look to the top. I really want to gel it, but I think I may have to wait until tomorrow morning to try. I'd cry if it separated.

Christmas only in appearance. Scented with Chamomile with a touch of patchouli and a few drops of Blue Man

IMG_3468.jpg

Thank you! I'm currently trying to gel it but the darn thing is resisting.

I was worried after I had it happen a second time today where something completely saponified (tongue neutral) in the oven without gelling. I'd heard about soap getting hot enough to complete saponification without gel but I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen to me.

This is a double layer soap, where I will cut it to be face up bars and I will get 6 from it. Hopefully the middle will look good, since that will be the top of the other bars. I hope the red looks red instead of orange or brown. I should be able to cut it in the morning.

I second the question of how you got such beautiful swirlies. Please divulge ;)

Slight variation on a theme. It's a taiwan swirl but instead of going up and down length-wise, I did two sine waves but in opposite directions. I have to say the taiwan swirl gives rise to a lot of ideas and a lot of different looks, depending on what you do with it. I think it's one of the best basic swirls out there because of this, at least for me. You could do a peacock swirl with this without having to pour so many lines, depending on how many colors you wanted in your peacock. Maybe that will be my next soap- a try of a peacock swirl but starting with a taiwan.

Last edited:
The inside did not turn out as vibrant as the outside but I did use some mica in oil for the top. The pattern was exactly as the top though, so that's good. Need to add more mica next time. I used Colorona Bordeaux mixed with some Hot Pink and Ruby Rose for the red and Shamrock green (which I've decided is a little too blue in soap for me) plus a touch of Apple Martini for the green. TKB and Conservatorie micas. THe batter looked awfully well colored though so I'll probably end up using too much next time and getting chalky soap. Red is so hard!

Pics! Pics! Are you trying to kill us??

It's another gorgeous soap. I don't really believe you when you say nothing has turned out in a couple months. Your stuff is always so beautiful. We need to strap a Go-Pro on you so you can prove to us that some don't turn out -- and more importantly, how you manage to produce such beautiful pieces of art!

Alrighty, Miss Non-believer.

First is my Christmas soap and its pale companion soap from the bottom layer. I am not complaining at all. I quite like the pattern- looks like a firework or something.

Next is my botch and rebatch of Drakkar, complete with stab marks in the middle. It was a safe way to vent my frustration.

Last, well, little can be said about the last soap. They are like the three hags. That put me off soaping for at least three weeks.

I'm sure I messed something else up but these were the most readily available from the basement.

Oh yes, I had my attempt at pouring M&P into my CP soap. All the M&P settled into a stupid looking layerish blob at the bottom and my colors weren't translucent so it's just this messy color you get when you blend gold, red and blue, which equals brown by the way. Thank heavens there is NOT a GoPro attached to me!

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

Thank you, Irishlass!

Well Katie, you are very much the optimist. That rebatch is just plain ugly. Perhaps it does look like a moon rock but I doubt anyone wants a moon rock because of its beauty. ;)

Latest posts

Back