Watermelon limeade

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Watermelon Limeade Recipe
Author Mommypotamus
For more summer harvest recipes, here's a link:
https://www.mommypotamus.com/watermelon-limeade-recipe/

Ingredients
• 4 cups cubed, de-seeded watermelon (should be about 2 cups after it is pureed)
• 3/4 cup lime juice
• 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, or more to taste

Instructions
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour over ice and serve.

I always liked my watermelon one way: cut up. If someone offered me a cup, I might try this but out of flavor fear, I'm less likely to make this myself. Not afraid that it might taste bad but I do hate that watermelon flavor that you get from flavorings (all of this is fueled by an agua fresca that tasted like "watermelon" but not the real kind).

Sounds yummy and refreshing! I love these kinds of drinks, and I love anything watermelon, just as long as it's the real thing and not an artificial flavoring.

The above recipe is somewhat similar to the watermelon agua fresca that I'm fond of making for my family, only I use just a tablespoon of lime juice for the same amount of watermelon, and I toss half a cucumber into the mix....and a little bit of rose water, too.

Arimara said:
I always liked my watermelon one way: cut up. If someone offered me a cup, I might try this but out of flavor fear, I'm less likely to make this myself. Not afraid that it might taste bad but I do hate that watermelon flavor that you get from flavorings (all of this is fueled by an agua fresca that tasted like "watermelon" but not the real kind).

I know what you mean. I'm always leery of going to those shaved ice places because of the artificially flavored syrups they use. I like to make my own out of frozen pureed fruit.

IrishLass :)

Back