I have POP! mica duplicates for sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmo

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

The micas are not cosmetic grade and are intended for us in CP and HP soap only.

I have soap stable Pop! mica duplicates for sale. I have tested literally hundred of micas to find the best matches to the original Pop! colors. You can find them here: http://www.nurturesoapmolds.com/rainbow-micas/

On the website, it shows two soaps in each listing. The first is soap colored with the original Pop! mica and the second is the one colored with the duplicate. This way you can see how close the colors really are. Here's an example:

8698659514_90aab88dab_m.jpg

I'm really excited about these colors and I'm glad to be able to share them with you! I don't have matches for the Strawberry and Raspberry Pop! Instead I included the truest red I could find in the collection to give a nice range of colors.

8717954305_d431154f7d_b.jpg

Now with pink to replace Raspberry Pop, too!

9165157335_5afc963f68_m.jpg

The micas are not cosmetic grade and are intended for us in CP and HP soap only.

DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

Last edited:
Since MP is considered a cosmetic per the FDA, these micas are not intended for use in MP.

Last edited:
The green Pop Mica (so called stable in CP soap) went brown, then turned purple for me :???: just cause it's advertised as stable doesn't make it so.

Lindy, the prices are as follows:

The sets have one of each color -

Sampler set (2 tsp. each) - $11.00
One ounce set - $30.00

Individual prices -

Sample size - $2.50
1 ounce size - $5.00
4 ounces - $19.00
8 ounces - $32.00

The green Pop Mica (so called stable in CP soap) went brown, then turned purple for me :???: just cause it's advertised as stable doesn't make it so.

I'm so sorry that happened SwiftRuby! It stays a bright, true green for me and others who have tried it. Have you tried using it again? If you are not happy I will issue you a refund.

Have the other colors worked well for you?

SwiftRuby, are you sure you ordered the green from me? www.nurturesoapmolds.com? I have not sent any micas to Australia.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f11/pencil-lines-using-mica-34683/

Posted 5-6-2013

Thanks everyone. In the past I have used so called CP stable/safe mica (Green apple) that went brown during gel and then finished up being purple :eh: I don't have much faith when it's advertised as CP safe/stable.

In any case I wanted a purple pencil line and I ending up using Magic Violet Mica and I am happy to say it worked just fine, no morphing at all, hopefully it will be safe/stable if used to colour the soap as well.

I see now that you're talking about the original green apple mica. This is not the original mica, as it is no longer manufactured. I have worked very hard and tested many, many micas to get the colors that have worked well in soap. The Rainbow Green mica will not turn purple.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone else had a chance to try these???? I LOVED pop micas! I've just ordered the blue and purple...so I guess I can update everyone later...:razz:

For international buyers, I now have shipping rates for micas (and any orders under 4 pounds) set to accept international first class mail. First class rates are generally much more reasonable than priority rates.

I now have pink mica to replicate Raspberry Pop mica available. :)

9165157335_5afc963f68_m.jpg

As with Raspberry Pop, this mica fades to a light pink when exposed to high Ph.

Last edited:
Sorry Lindy, the pink just arrived! I will figure out a way to get a sample to you. :)

I still have some of the raspberry pop left...but it's bad to morph to a peachy color in cp, so I wonder have you had a chance to test yours Cosmo???

Yes, I have tested it. It fades just as Raspberry Pop does. It does not stay bright pink, but fades to a light pink in soap. It does not turn peachy, though.

Latest posts

Back