Just take deep breaths

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to your daughter artemis! I know you're so proud!!

That's so coincidental, my daughter just started her senior year as well and isn't even going to the high school for any class... she's dual-enrolled and takes all her classes at the local college. She's so smart and so far ahead of everyone else in her school, that she is actually going to get her diploma at the end of the first semester (Dec. 1) - She's not even going to college... she wants to do real estate and has already taken the 75hr class and has her real estate license, although she's only 17, so the agency she will be working for holds it till she turns 18.

My older son just started his Sophomore year at UGA (Go Dawgs) and is studying Mathematics. When he took his SAT's in his Junior year in HS, he only missed 2 questions. He had the highest SAT scores of any student in the surrounding district and was highly recognized for it. Wicked, scary... smart. I learned not to argue with him when he was around the age of 8 or 9... he was always right.. 100% of the time. I'm a fairly good Chess player, but I haven't beat him even once after he turned 10. He laughs at me... :(. He actually ended up teaching one of the advanced Calculus classes he was taking last year because the professor had some personal issues... I don't think he's even been challenged in math yet. He's even been approached by a 3 letter government agency... (I don't know how I feel about that)

Anyway, sorry for going on... I'm so proud of them... and the time goes by so very fast... I'm feel like I'm getting so old... :neutral:

she's dual-enrolled and takes all her classes at the local college. She's so smart and so far ahead of everyone else in her school, that she is actually going to get her diploma at the end of the first semester (Dec. 1) -

My kids attend a smallish Christan school, so dual enrollment just wasn't an option where we are. She'll be taking this one through a "High School Options" program. She finished up her junior year second in class and she was not happy about that! A new classmate is giving her some competition! My nephew is also starting his Senior year and is also taking a college course- Japanese! Where did these kids get their brains!

Oh Lord, My "baby" entered his senior year.

I am unsure if I am happy or sad .... in a way I am getting old, and is nice to know I am almost done, on the other hand, having my baby still go to school, gave some type of purpose.

Congratulations Artemis! Times go by really quick. Lately it seems like too quick!

Back