Hurricane Harvey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope all members in Texas or otherwise in the path of Hurricane Harvey are safe.

I just spoke with my son and they are all safe. The house they are buying had the closing postponed at least as long as so many roads are closed. I guess it's impossible for the title company employees to get to work. Or something like that. Schools are closed until Sept. 5th, so my granddaughter got to go to school for only a few days in her new school. But for now they are not experiencing flooding in the neighborhood where they are staying with my DIL's brother. So that's a relief.

My son is actively removing debris from the gutters to help prevent rain water back up. It gives him something to do as pretty much no one can manage to get to work these days.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-harvey-houston-texas-flooding

I have family member there. They are safe. We need all the prayers we can get, so thank you!

I am in north Texas, about 50 miles north of Dallas towards OK. So we are ok here.

Is such a tragedy. Thankfully we have an amazing governor on top of it.

My father in law is in Spring, just north of Houston. We haven't heard from him yet, so hope all is well. I will say after almost 40 years in the Houston/Galveston area, he's dealt with this many times.

Hope everyone here is unaffected!

My brother moved to Houston two years ago and it seems like it's clear enough for him to go out and take pictures of everything. He's finding ways not to get wet but still get pictures of himself next to all the flooding (expect for the pic he sent of himself wearing a snorkel in the rain)

I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area, so way out of danger. I have many family members in the Houston area and eastward into Louisiana that is getting hit with lots and lots of rain. So far, so good, everyone is safe.

I have family/friends in Corpus Christie, Spring and Galveston. They are all doing better than expected. At least as of last night. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of our Texas member/families to be safe.

My father in law is in Spring, just north of Houston. We haven't heard from him yet, so hope all is well. I will say after almost 40 years in the Houston/Galveston area, he's dealt with this many times.

Hope everyone here is unaffected!

Spring is where my son & DIL plan to move to once the roads are clear again. At least if the house they are awaiting moving into isn't flooded. They haven't signed the papers yet because closing had to be postponed because of Harvey. I believe my son told me some areas of Spring are in flood zones, but the house they bid on was not, so we continue to hope it will still be non-flood zone when this is all done.

I took all the soap I had made (except the one I have on eBay), and took it to a place in Dallas where they are collecting toiletries for the victims :)

Latest posts

Back