5 ingredients - full of sugar, fattening, but yummy.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 Ingredient Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

ffff4acd234dcd41f514a3aadd8421ba.jpg

Ingredients

• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
  • 10 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
Instructions

1. In the body of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed.
  2. Add the sugar and beat well.
  3. Add in flour, a small bit at a time, beating in on low speed, just until incorporated. Fold in oreos until evenly distributed.
  4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
  5. 30 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
  6. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and place them on the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each cookie.
  8. Place pan in the oven to bake for 10-11 minutes, or until *just golden at the edges. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven - that's a good thing!
  9. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 full minutes, then very carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy :)

omg Relle you are the devil :twisted: !!! LOL

I am stopping by the store later, these are a must! My tastebuds thank you, my scales not so much... hehe

They don't say if its self raising flour or plain. I presume its SR flour. I notice that on a lot of American recipes that they don't state which flour it is. So is it SR flour unless they say otherwise.

They don't say if its self raising flour or plain. I presume its SR flour. I notice that on a lot of American recipes that they don't state which flour it is. So is it SR flour unless they say otherwise.

I can't say for certain which one they mean in this recipe, but generally in the US when they say flour it means all-purpose, not self-rising. Looking at it again tho, yes, I agree it looks like it should be self-rising in this one. :?

So is all purpose flour, plain flour. We don't have all purpose flour only plain and self raising.

Yes, all-purpose flour is plain ol regular flour, of medium "hardness" (harder flour = more protein, chewy and good for breads, softer flour = less protein, more tender for cakes, and yes we have bread flour and cake flour here, but all purpose is a good general flour). Self-rising has salt and baking powder already added.

Bread flour is high gluten, high protein flour ground from "Red Azure" wheat, also called "summer wheat"
Cake flour is low gluten, low protein flour ground from "winter wheat"
All-purpose flour is a blend of above.
Usually one will see recipes with yeast with hard wheat, and baking soda/ powder for soft wheat recipes.
If memory has served me correctly :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back