Omg!!! Got my NG fragrance shipment today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naptural

Reaction score
Ok, so I am super excited because I just got my NG fragrances today!!!!

They smell so good. I hope they smell as good in my lotion and body butter...

I opted to use FO instead of EO, to see what I come up with....

Any one have any tips for me as being fairly new to this body product creation thingy? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410464632.692495.jpg

So excited for you! What did you get?!

You probably know this, but FOs are not for use in lipbalm. I only say this b/c a reviewer on Brambleberry's site complained that the Vanilla FO tasted nasty in lip balm.

My tip is to scent lightly to start off with. With leave on a products, a powerful scent can become nauseating.

Thanx for the tip @dixiedragon

I got:
Balsam
Patchouli
Bay rum
Buttercream cupcake
Homemade cheese cake
Jungle love
Vanilla sandalwood
Vaniglia de Madagascar
Angelica

The smell so good. They also have me a fake scented flower with a Christmas scent called:Christmas cabernet, this smells like Candy.

I'm trying to be good and not purchase too many fragrances. Hope I'm not addicted....

FO's are an addiction. I like the patchouli and buttercream cupcake in my sugar scrubs. I do blend the patchouli with EO too. I have not tried any of the others you purchased. I have a LOT of NG's fragrances.

FO's are an addiction.

They really, really are. I must have about 300 bottles and was looking at some at BB, today. Put them in my cart and then made myself not purchase them. My goal, now is to use what I have and that's that. I have a five-tier shelving unit full of EOs and FOs. One time, I made a chocolate mint soap and it smelled so good I had to keep restrain myself from wanting to take a bite out of it, LOL. I love chocolate mint. We need a 12-step program for fragrance addition.

I love ng scents. They have a tendency to be strong so you may want to start on the low end and work your way up, unless you like super strong smelling soap

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is addicted. I'm backing away from the fragrances lol, I'm just gonna use what I got for now. They smell so great.

I love ng scents. They have a tendency to be strong so you may want to start on the low end and work your way up, unless you like super strong smelling soap

Thanks, I will keep this in mind. I was wondering if they would be strong enough for my lotion, body creams and sprays...

Thanks @jeanea I will keep this in mind. I was wondering if they would be strong enough for my lotion, body creams and sprays...

Thanks @jeanea I will keep this in mind. I was wondering if they would be strong enough for my lotion, body creams and sprays...

When using any fragrance start with less than you think you may want in lotions, creams and sprays. Also make sure you are using them at the proper percentages according to IFRA. NG posts the recommended amount to use in products.

Back