Homemade coffee butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
since buying the real thing is too **** expensive for me, and since i have some lipidthix lying around..

first, i infused some coconut oil with coffee. hot infusion during 3 days (on and off). strained a few times. 25% lipidthix. was thinking of adding some shea into it to make it a bit thicker.

smells amazing! can't wait to make some body butter with this thing..

coffee butter.jpg

thanks guys!

this is my first time with coffee butter as well. i've tried putting some directly on my skin and it felt great. not as heavy as shea, which is just what i like. i'm thinking of making some scrubs and body butter from this.. maybe a tiny batch of bar soap if i have some left.

btw, if you don't have lipidthix/vegethix, you can also use hard butters like cocoa or shea. the intention is only to make the consistency thicker (butter like), so it's pretty easy. i whipped it 2 times.

thanks guys!

this is my first time with coffee butter as well. i've tried putting some directly on my skin and it felt great. not as heavy as shea, which is just what i like. i'm thinking of making some scrubs and body butter from this.. maybe a tiny batch of bar soap if i have some left.

btw, if you don't have lipidthix/vegethix, you can also use hard butters like cocoa or shea. the intention is only to make the consistency thicker (butter like), so it's pretty easy. i whipped it 2 times.

Thank you for the tip! :clap:

It shall not be long... :twisted:

Thank you for the tip! :clap:

It shall not be long... :twisted:

LOL

first, i infused some coconut oil with coffee. hot infusion during 3 days (on and off). strained a few times. 25% lipidthix. was thinking of adding some shea into it to make it a bit thicker.

smells amazing! can't wait to make some body butter with this thing..

Thank you for your amazing posts. Real quick question, was it whole bean, coffee grounds or powdered bean for that infusion?

oooo, I have some shea or cupuacu that wants a new job, and that looks so amazing I may just give it a whirl.

LOL
Thank you for your amazing posts. Real quick question, was it whole bean, coffee grounds or powdered bean for that infusion?

i crushed some whole beans and used those for the infusion. if you are using powdered coffee, i think it's the same, it's just that you have to strain it more, that's all.

How very clever. I love the look of it. Commercial coffee butter is made by the cold pressed oils of the beans mixed into vegetable oils and hydrogenated. I can't see where there is much difference. You took the juice from the bean and made it. I think that was brilliant. You can actually claim it as coffee butter. Great job!!!!

Last edited:
thanks CiCi :)

bodhi, lipidthix is hydrogenated vegetable oil in powdered form. it makes it very easy if you want to create your own butters.

thanks CiCi :)

bodhi, lipidthix is hydrogenated vegetable oil in powdered form. it makes it very easy if you want to create your own butters.

That's great to know. I had no idea. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back