Rainbow Taiwan Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very stunning! Either the neon color under bright sun, or more down to earth color tone.

Does your recipe contain more liquid oils?

They are truly gorgeous, and you should be proud to have created them. The colors are such a pretty combination, and your swirl is beautiful. Making soap is a continual learning process. I think I learn something from nearly every batch I make.

I know the feeling of when a project doesn't come out the way I hoped, and it is hard to see past the mistakes I made.

That being said.. I still find your soap beautiful and cheerful. I would consider it a wonderful and cheering bar of soap any day of the week.

The problem with having OCD is that it's difficult to see beauty in imperfection. All you see are the ultramarine clumps, I'm guessing. The rest of us see, and get to enjoy I might add, the whole effect. Awesome job. Good on ya! More please.

I think they still look beautiful!

Aww, thank you!

Very stunning! Either the neon color under bright sun, or more down to earth color tone.

Does your recipe contain more liquid oils?

Thank you! I did put goat's milk in there for some reason, which prevented me from wanting to gel the batch. But I might try it next time without GM and with gelling to make the colours pop.

Yes, my recipe was chock-full of liquid oils - mostly virgin olive. Would explain some of the softness at ~1 week. :p

:eh: I have no idea what you are talking about... they are pure gorgeous..

Ahh, you are too kind. Thank you.

They are truly gorgeous, and you should be proud to have created them. The colors are such a pretty combination, and your swirl is beautiful. Making soap is a continual learning process. I think I learn something from nearly every batch I make.

Thank you for the kind encouragement! And you're right, I learn something from every batch I make. I think that's partly what makes soaping so addictive for me!

That is still gorgeous! You should be proud! ❤️

Thank you very much ❤️

I know the feeling of when a project doesn't come out the way I hoped, and it is hard to see past the mistakes I made.

That being said.. I still find your soap beautiful and cheerful. I would consider it a wonderful and cheering bar of soap any day of the week.

Haha yes, I was a bit despondent that it didn't turn out like my "soap concept" sketch. And felt like I wasted a lot of soap because I had to plane the tops off from my "spiderman" mistake! DH was very encouraging and said he wanted the tops for "personal use". I don't know where he hid them; I was planning to throw them away...

I'm so glad they still cheer you! I wish you could smell them. I find the smell of EOs in my soap to be very anchoring during difficult times.

Beautiful colors and swirl. Wish I had your talent.

Thank you. I promise you don't need much talent for this swirl - just squeeze bottles and a good batter. :) If you want to try it sometime, it's just putting batter into the squeeze bottles and squeezing them on top of the white base in the order of the rainbow, then doing that infinity swirling action.

The problem with having OCD is that it's difficult to see beauty in imperfection. All you see are the ultramarine clumps, I'm guessing. The rest of us see, and get to enjoy I might add, the whole effect. Awesome job. Good on ya! More please.

Thank you for your wise and gentle perspective :) It's true that I find it hard to see past the disparity of my vision and what turned out in real life! I hope to keep learning without being discouraged from my perfectionism.

Thank you for your wise and gentle perspective :) It's true that I find it hard to see past the disparity of my vision and what turned out in real life! I hope to keep learning without being discouraged from my perfectionism.
Me too! Altho I'm not always successful, I'm a "recovering perfectionist" myself.

PS: Keeping a sense of humor helps! :bunny:

I, too, find them to be beautiful. A "too perfect" bar looks sterile and cold to me. This beautiful bar says "I was made with love and creativity". Just like us, those soaps turned out exactly as they were meant to. The purpose being education and humility. I love it when that happens, even though it may not be MY plan.

Latest posts

Back