Some of my latest soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
I've been a bit quiet lately as life has been a bit tough recently, but I feel like things might be improving a little bit now and I have been making some soap again. Here are my latest bars -

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1491845444.238954.jpg

Rose velvet and precious oud scented

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1491845473.770365.jpg

Cranberry and pomegranate scented

The scents sound lovely, and the color combinations you chose are beautiful!

Beautiful swirl! And rose oud sounds lovely! Wish your life gets better and the best is yet to come. :p

I am so happy you are back! Those soaps are gorgeous! I sure wish you would post a video on how you accomplish some of your gorgeous swirls. I am trying to watch all of the ones from the challenges.

Thank you for the lovely compliments everyone. Lots of my hair fell out from the stressful things that happened last year and it seemed to be re growing over the last couple of months, but that left me feeling really tired and barely able to get out of bed. I am starting to feel better again now though and I am looking forward to new beginnings. I will make some more videos Susie (even though I hate my voice! I will keep myself out of shot though and just record the soap :)) The absolute key to the swirls is keeping the batter fluid. Nowadays I always use 40% lye conc as I find it is so much easier to work with. Even with some of my fragrances that accelerate, the cranberry and pomegranate accelerates like mad. Using higher water I ended up with my hanger getting physically stuck in the set soap.

I'm so sorry the past year has taken so much out of you, physically and emotionally from the sounds of it. I look forward to your videos, do you post on YouTube? Views might be a way to get a little bit of something coming in passively while you are getting your feet under you.

Rose velvet and precious oud scented

Hi Claire,

I saw a fragrance with that name in Scent Perfique. Is that where you get it from? What is the smell like and, more importantly, does it accelerate?

You mention using 40% lye concentration. I have only done that once and the soap became so thick that I had problems putting it in the mould! I am reluctant to try again...

It works fine at 40% lye concentration - I mix the soap till it is emulsified, divide into three parts. Divide fragrance into three too. Set aside to thicken slightly and make sure it's not going to separate. Then add the fragrance, mix it in thoroughly and quickly pour. It does accelerate, but slowly enough to allow for the swirls. I really like the fragrance, it smells really sophisticated. Like the jo malone candles of a similar name if you have ever smelled them.

Latest posts

Back