More than Hot Process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaureLive

Reaction score
İt's extra Pure olive oil soap , traditionally boiled very slowly for 3 days ... ImageUploadedBySoap Making1491157848.560802.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1491157897.747767.jpg

My curiosity is also piqued! What quality does it bring, cooking it slowly over 3 days as opposed to regular hot process?

They could be referencing the old soap making practice of making a soap lye heavy and then salting it out to remove the glycerin.

This is how commercial soap is often made -- a boiled process. It's not at all old-fashioned, but it's just not the typical way hobby soap makers do it.

Hello everyone !! Many thanks to your comments,, As you know two things directly effect the quality of soap , first one is the quality of ingredients and the other one is How you make soap !! This process is much more different than normal hot process and İ call hot & cold process as brother and sister :)

This method is related deep chemistry of saponification . You don't boil the oil actually , soapy mixture needs to cook till the certain point, then when you add the Alkaline it reacts together and boils as a result of chemical reaction that you have to cut the heat , so with its own reaction heats it , slowly boils and exactly looks like volcanic lava , the goal is here to make perfect and strong balance between soap molecules , so your soap will go a lot last longer .. and this gives you a lot times to wash your soap with pure water turning into purest of pure ;) only way to make pure soap , Besides Commercial soaps , factories skip this very important step a lot faster like two or three hours , and yes Marseille soap and their ancestors Aleppo soap use this method to make Culture of Soap..

Besides cold or hot process , you do control the saponification !!! So you may end up very unquality result even if you are using the best quality of oils ;) imagine all saponification reaction is under your control , and you really smell the real scent of pure soap which made me felt in love !!!

I'd greatly appreciate your comments and questions !!!

Hello everyone !! Many thanks to your comments,, As you know two things directly effect the quality of soap , first one is the quality of ingredients and the other one is How you make soap !! This process is much more different than normal hot process and İ call hot & cold process as brother and sister :)

Could you post a tutorial or do you have a link to the actual process of how your made this soap? The soap looks amazing and your method doesn't sound like anything I've heard of. (But I've only been soaping a few years and don't know very much in the long run)

I'd love to know how you learned to do this. We've had a couple of threads on the forum about the Aleppo soap makers, mixing huge amounts of soap then pouring it onto the floor, stacking it in huge mountains. It was heartbreaking to know the war was destroying the soap factories and their families. I know some were able to escape to Turkey, but dearly hoped some would make it here, and be able to continue this amazing soap making!

I'd love to know how you learned to do this. We've had a couple of threads on the forum about the Aleppo soap makers, mixing huge amounts of soap then pouring it onto the floor, stacking it in huge mountains. It was heartbreaking to know the war was destroying the soap factories and their families. I know some were able to escape to Turkey, but dearly hoped some would make it here, and be able to continue this amazing soap making!

Yes , İ'd like to share how i learnt , My master who was from Crete İsland, showed me the way of this process , and İ have been improving Myself for four years, My name is Metin Sakız and İ am from turkey ,Söke very close ancient region named Miletus where Thales used to live there :) , İ have instagram and Facebook Page named Sakız Soap Company , that can you see My more Pure culture soaps :) please dont hesitate to ask anything !!!

Could you post a tutorial or do you have a link to the actual process of how your made this soap? The soap looks amazing and your method doesn't sound like anything I've heard of. (But I've only been soaping a few years and don't know very much in the long run)

Thanks for your message !! Yes İ have been thinking about the Same , sharing the all stages of Ancient Style of saponification :) definitly this is something you have to treat like a baby , thats why too much heat or too much alkaline will make the soapy mixture vomit oils up to the surface!! That's why it should be very slowly and carefully cared by your skills ;)

Yes , İ'd like to share how i learnt , My master who was from Crete İsland, showed me the way of this process , and İ have been improving Myself for four years, My name is Metin Sakız and İ am from turkey ,Söke very close ancient region named Miletus where Thales used to live there :) , İ have instagram and Facebook Page named Sakız Soap Company , that can you see My more Pure culture soaps :) please dont hesitate to ask anything !!!

Can you do this process inside a building or house? Or do you need to do it outside?

It's so exciting to know this ancient process is still being taught!!

Latest posts

Back