Repurposed curing rack

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheLion

Reaction score
When I started soaping again a few months ago, I made four small, stackable shelves for curing my soaps. Well, after using them I discovered two things: 1) the stackable part was a major PITA as I was always having to lift fully loaded shelves to get to the bottom ones; b) they were way too small for me to indulge my soaping obsession. I like to build things anyway and I happened to notice that I had an old wooden Ikea shelving unit that was just holding junk anyway so I repurposed it into a curing rack. It had 5 shelves originally. The shelves weren't solid, they were 3 wide slats. I disassembled the shelves and cut the slats down so now each shelf has 2 narrow slats which provides plenty of airflow. I added 5 more shelves and made 10 wooden frames, one for each shelf, that have ventilated plastic in them for the soaps to sit on. The frames just sit on the shelves and aren't attached so they can be moved easily.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out and now I have lots of space for more soap!

IMAG0282.jpg

Awesome. I have limited space, and need something like that! Thanks for posting, now I will nag my hubby.

Nicely done, it will certainly hold some soaps for you. Shelves are so much easier then stacking items for sure. When I run out of room on my shelves I use the Raspberry crates from Costco. Right now I've got them stacked 8 high. Just a pain when you want to get to one of them.

Latest posts

Back